- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pregnancy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 379461, 6 pages
Body Mass Index, Gestational Weight Gain, and Obstetric Complications in Moroccan Population
1Faculté de Médecine et Pharmacie, Université Mohammed V Souissi, Avenue Belarbi El Alaoui, BP 6203, Rabat, Morocco
2LBRCE, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie de Rabat, Université Mohammed V Souissi, Benslimane 13000, Morocco
3Equipe de Recherché en Santé et Nutrition du Couple Mere Enfant, CRECET, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie de Rabat, Université Mohammed V Souissi, Benslimane 13000, Morocco
Received 25 January 2013; Revised 26 March 2013; Accepted 8 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Keelan
Copyright © 2013 Latifa Mochhoury et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Cnattingius, R. Bergström, L. Lipworth, and M. S. Kramer, “Prepregnancy weight and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 338, no. 3, pp. 147–152, 1998.
- Institute of Medecine, Comittee on Nutritional Status During Pregnancy and Lactation. Nutrition During Pregnancy. Part I, Weight Gain, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, USA, 1990.
- C. Kabali and M. M. Werler, “Pre-pregnant body mass index, weight gain and the risk of delivering large babies among non-diabetic mothers,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 100–104, 2007.
- J. H. Perlow and M. A. Morgan, “Massive maternal obesity and perioperative cesarean morbidity,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 560–565, 1994.
- L. E. Edwards, W. L. Hellerstedt, I. R. Alton, M. Story, and J. H. Himes, “Pregnancy complications and birth outcomes in obese and normal-weight women: effects of gestational weight change,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 389–394, 1996.
- I. Thorsdottir, J. E. Torfadottir, B. E. Birgisdottir, and R. T. Geirsson, “Weight gain in women of normal weight before pregnancy: complications in pregnancy or delivery and birth outcome,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 99, no. 5, part 1, pp. 799–806, 2002.
- Z. Chen, J. Du, L. Shao et al., “Prepregnancy body mass index, gestational weight gain, and pregnancy outcomes in China,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 41–44, 2010.
- C. E. Larsen, M. K. Serdula, and K. M. Sullivan, “Macrosomia: influence of maternal overweight among a low-income population,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 490–494, 1990.
- N. J. Sebire, M. Jolly, J. P. Harris et al., “Maternal obesity and pregnancy outcome: a study of 287 213 pregnancies in London,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1175–1182, 2001.
- J. W. C. Johnson, J. A. Longmate, and B. Frentzen, “Excessive maternal weight and pregnancy outcome,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 353–372, 1992.
- M. E. Boyd, R. H. Usher, and F. H. McLean, “Fetal macrosomia: prediction, risks, proposed management,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 715–722, 1983.
- W. W. Hay Jr., J. W. Sparks, B. J. Quissell, F. C. Battaglia, and G. Meschia, “Simultaneous measurements of umbilical uptake, fetal utilization rate, and fetal turnover rate of glucose,” The American Journal of Physiology, vol. 240, no. 6, pp. E662–668, 1981.
- M. J. Shepard, K. G. Hellenbrand, and M. B. Bracken, “Proportional weight gain and complications of pregnancy, labor, and delivery in healthy women of normal prepregnant stature,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 155, no. 5, pp. 947–954, 1986.
- C. G. Solomon, W. C. Willett, V. J. Carey et al., “A prospective study of pregravid determinants of gestational diabetes mellitus,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 278, no. 13, pp. 1078–1083, 1997.
- H. Madsen and J. Ditzel, “The influence of maternal weight, smoking, vascular complications and glucose regulation on the birth weight of infants of type 1 diabetic women,” The European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 175–179, 1991.
- G. Ducarne, A. Rodrigues, F. Aissaoui, C. Davitian, and M. P. iuzam, “Grossesse des patientes obèses: quels risques faut-il craindre ?” Gynécologie Obstétrique & Fertilité, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2007.
- J. L. Weiss, F. D. Malone, D. Emig et al., “Obesity, obstetric complications and cesarean delivery rate—a population-based screening study,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 190, no. 4, pp. 1091–1097, 2004.
- J. G. Ouzounian, R. B. Gherman, R. Steinke et al., “Shoulder dystocia: are historic risk factors reliable predictors?” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 192, no. 6, pp. 1933–1938, 2005.
- T. S. Nesbitt, W. M. Gilbert, and B. Herrchen, “Shoulder dystocia and associated risk factors with macrosomic infants born in California,” The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 476–480, 1998.
- S. S. Crane, M. A. Wojtowycz, T. D. Dye, R. H. Aubry, and R. Artal, “Association between pre-pregnancy obesity and the risk of cesarean delivery,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 213–216, 1997.
- A. S. Poobalan, L. S. Aucott, T. Gurung, W. C. S. Smith, and S. Bhattacharya, “Obesity as an independent risk factor for elective and emergency caesarean delivery in nulliparous women—systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies,” Obesity Reviews, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 28–35, 2009.
- R. E. Ratner and L. H. Hammer, “Le gain de poids des femmes souffrant d’obésité morbide,” The American Journal of Perinatology, vol. 8, pp. 21–24, 1991.
- P. Deruelle, “Obésité et grossesse,” Gynécologie Obstétrique et Fertilité, vol. 39, pp. 100–105, 2011.
- P. Deruelle, V. Houfflin-Debarge, P. Vaast, N. Delville, N. Hélou, and D. Subtil, “Effets maternels et foetaux d’une prise de poids maternelle excessive au cours de la grossesse dans une population de patientes de poids normal avant la grossesse,” Gynécologie Obstétrique et Fertilité, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 398–403, 2004.