- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pathogens
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 182051, 16 pages
Pathogenesis of Y. enterocolitica and Y. pseudotuberculosis in Human Yersiniosis
1Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, Institute of Human Infections & Immunity, and the Galveston National Laboratory, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555-1070, USA
2Department of Biology, Center for Bionanotechnology and Environmental Research (CBER), Texas Southern University, 3100 Cleburne Street, Houston, TX 77004, USA
Received 1 March 2011; Revised 27 June 2011; Accepted 1 July 2011
Academic Editor: Ramesh C. Ray
Copyright © 2011 Cristi L. Galindo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shahram Hanifian, and Sajjad Khani, “Prevalence of virulent Yersinia enterocolitica in bulk raw milk and retail cheese in northern-west of Iran,” International Journal Of Food Microbiology, vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 89–92, 2012.
- Jenni Maatta, Risto Kuisma, Hanna-Reitta Kymalainen, and Maarit Maki, “Microbiological Quality of Fresh-Cut Carrots and Process Waters,” Journal of Food Protection, vol. 76, no. 7, pp. 1240–1244, 2013.
- Nicolas Renaud, Laetitia Lecci, Rene J. Courcol, Michel Simonet, and Olivier Gaillot, “CHROMagar Yersinia, a New Chromogenic Agar for Screening of Potentially Pathogenic Yersinia enterocolitica Isolates in Stools,” Journal Of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1184–1187, 2013.
- Rebecca S. Dewoody, and Peter M. Merritt, “Regulation of the Yersinia type III secretion system: traffic control,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- Jian Sha, Jason A. Rosenzweig, Michelle L. Kirtley, Christina J. van Lier, Eric C. Fitts, Elena V. Kozlova, Tatiana E. Erova, Bethany L. Tiner, and Ashok K. Chopra, “A non-invasive in vivo imaging system to study dissemination of bioluminescent Yersinia pestis CO92 in a mouse model of pneumonic plague,” Microbial Pathogenesis, vol. 55, pp. 39–50, 2013.
- Natalie C Marshall, and B Brett Finlay, “Targeting the type III secretion system to treat bacterial infections,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Jason A. Rosenzweig, and Ashok K. Chopra, “The exoribonuclease Polynucleotide Phosphorylase influences the virulence and stress responses of yersiniae and many other pathogens,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- Y. -J. Jeong, C. -H. Kim, J. -C. Kim, S. -M. Oh, K. -B. Lee, J. -H. Park, and D-J. Kim, “RIP2/RICK-Dependent Cytokine Production Upon Yersinia enterocolitica Infection in Macrophages with TLR4 Deficiency,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 401–407, 2013.
- Gregory V. Plano, and Kurt Schesser, “The Yersinia pestis type III secretion system: expression, assembly and role in the evasion of host defenses,” Immunologic Research, 2013.
- Jason A. Rosenzweig, and Ashok K. Chopra, “Modulation of host immune defenses by Aeromonas and Yersinia species: convergence on toxins secreted by various secretion systems,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- Anna Fahlgren, Kemal Avican, Linda Westermark, Roland Nordfelth, and Maria Fallman, “Colonization of Cecum Is Important for Development of Persistent Infection by Yersinia pseudotuberculosis,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 3471–3482, 2014.
- Peter Valentin-Weigand, Jürgen Heesemann, and Petra Dersch, “Unique virulence properties of Yersinia enterocolitica O:3 – An emerging zoonotic pathogen using pigs as preferred reservoir host,” International Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2014.
- Fabio Pisano, Wiebke Heine, Maik Rosenheinrich, Janina Schweer, Aaron M. Nuss, and Petra Dersch, “Influence of PhoP and Intra-Species Variations on Virulence of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis during the Natural Oral Infection Route,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Christian Rueter, Mariana Ruiz Silva, Benjamin Grabowski, Marie-Luise Lubos, Julia Scharnert, Marija Poceva, Dominik von Tils, Antje Flieger, Juergen Heesemann, James B. Bliska, and M. Alexander Schmidt, “Rabbit monoclonal antibodies directed at the T3SS effector protein YopM identify human pathogenic Yersinia isolates,” International Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 304, no. 3-4, pp. 444–451, 2014.
- C.F. Magistrali, L. Cucco, E. Manuali, C. Sebastiani, S. Farneti, L. Ercoli, and G. Pezzotti, “Atypical Yersinia pseudotuberculosis serotype O:3 isolated from hunted wild boars in Italy,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2014.
- Jessica Z. Kubicek-Sutherland, Douglas M. Heithoff, Selvi C. Ersoy, William R. Shimp, and Michael J. Mahan, “Immunization with a DNA adenine methylase over-producing Yersinia pseudotuberculosis vaccine confers robust cross-protection against heterologous pathogenic serotypes,” Vaccine, 2014.