- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pathogens
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 357235, 4 pages
Identification at Biovar Level of Brucella Isolates Causing Abortion in Small Ruminants of Iran
1Brucellosis Department, Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute, Karaj 3197619751, Iran
2Office of Brucellosis Control and Eradication, Iranian Veterinary Organization, Tehran 1595814111, Iran
3Food Hygiene and Quality Control Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran 1419963111, Iran
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Hin-Chung Wong
Copyright © 2012 Ali Mohammad Behroozikhah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Corbel, “Brucellosis: an overview,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 213–221, 1997.
- P. Nicoletti, “Brucellosis: past, present and future,” Prilozi, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 21–32, 2010.
- M. N. Seleem, S. M. Boyle, and N. Sriranganathan, “Brucellosis: a re-emerging zoonosis,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 140, no. 3-4, pp. 392–398, 2010.
- M. P. Franco, M. Mulder, R. H. Gilman, and H. L. Smits, “Human brucellosis,” Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 775–786, 2007.
- J. Godfroid, A. Cloeckaert, J. P. Liautard et al., “From the discovery of the Malta fever's agent to the discovery of a marine mammal reservoir, brucellosis has continuously been a re-emerging zoonosis,” Veterinary Research, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 313–326, 2005.
- M. Gwida, S. Al Dahouk, F. Melzer, U. Rösler, H. Neubauer, and H. Tomaso, “Brucellosis—regionally emerging zoonotic disease?” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 289–295, 2010.
- P. Wattiau, A. M. Whatmore, M. V. Hessche, J. Godfroid, and D. Fretin, “Nucleotide polymorphism-based single-tube test for robust molecular identification of all currently described Brucella species,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 77, no. 18, pp. 6674–6679, 2011.
- J. M. Blasco, “Control and eradication strategies for brucella melitensis infection in sheep and goats,” Prilozi, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 145–165, 2010.
- J. Godfroid and A. Käsbohrer, “Brucellosis in the European Union and Norway at the turn of the twenty-first century,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 90, no. 1–4, pp. 135–145, 2002.
- M. Refai, “Incidence and control of brucellosis in the Near East region,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 90, no. 1–4, pp. 81–110, 2002.
- V. Taleski, L. Zerva, T. Kantardjiev et al., “An overview of the epidemiology and epizootology of brucellosis in selected countries of Central and Southeast Europe,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 90, no. 1–4, pp. 147–155, 2002.
- G. G. Alton, L. M. Jones, R. D. Angus, and J. M. Verger, Techniques for the Brucellosis Laboratory, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Paris, France, 1988.
- World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals, World Organization for Animal Health, Paris, France, 2009.
- M. J. Corbel, Brucellosis in Humans and Animals, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2006.
- World Health Organization (WHO), “Joint FAO/WHO expert committee on brucellosis,” Sixth Report, Technical Report Series 740, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1986.
- E. Zowghi and A. Ebadi, “Typing of brucella strains isolated in Iran,” Archives of Razi Institute, vol. 33, pp. 109–114, 1982.
- E. Zowghi, A. Ebadi, and M. Yarahmadi, “Isolation and identification of brucella organisms in Iran,” Iranian Journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 185–188, 2008.
- B. Garin-Bastuji, J. M. Blasco, M. Grayon, and J. M. Verger, “Brucella melitensis infection in sheep: present and future,” Veterinary Research, vol. 29, no. 3-4, pp. 255–274, 1998.
- M. Banai, “Control of small ruminant brucellosis by use of Brucella melitensis Rev.1 vaccine: laboratory aspects and field observations,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 90, no. 1–4, pp. 497–519, 2002.
- E. Zowghi and A. Ebadi, “Brucellosis in camels in Iran,” Revue Scientifique et Technique, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 383–386, 1988.
- E. Zowghi and A. Ebadi, “Abortion due to brucella abortus in sheep in Iran,” Revue Scientifique et Technique, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 379–382, 1988.
- E. Zowghi, A. Ebadi, and B. Mohseni, “Isolation of Brucella organisms from the milk of seronegative cows,” Revue Scientifique et Technique, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1175–1178, 1990.
- E. Zowghi and A. Ebadi, “Naturally occurring brucella melitensis infection in cattle in Iran,” Revue Scientifique et Technique, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 811–814, 1985.
- A. A. Haghdoost, L. Kawaguchi, A. Mirzazadeh et al., “Using GIS in explaining spatial distribution of brucellosis in an endemic district in Iran,” Iranian Journal of Public Health, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2007.