- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pathogens
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 631095, 7 pages
Eleven-Year Distribution Pattern of Hepatitis C Virus in Southern Italy
1Department of Health Sciences, Institute of Microbiology, University “Magna Graecia” of Catanzaro,
Viale Salvatore Venuta, Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
2Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Institute of Infectious Diseases, University “Magna Graecia” of Catanzaro 88100, Catanzaro, Italy
Received 28 March 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editor: Slobodan Paessler
Copyright © 2012 Nadia Marascio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. M. Lauer and B. D. Walker, “Hepatitis C virus infection,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 41–52, 2001.
- P. Simmonds, J. Bukh, C. Combet et al., “Consensus proposals for a unified system of nomenclature of hepatitis C virus genotypes,” Hepatology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 962–973, 2005.
- D. G. Murphy, J. Chamberland, R. Dandavino, and E. Sablon, “A new genotype of Hepatitis C virus originating from Central Africa,” Hepatology, vol. 46, no. 4, p. 623, 2007.
- F. Ansaldi, B. Bruzzone, S. Salmaso et al., “Different seroprevalence and molecular epidemiology patterns of hepatitis C virus infection in Italy,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 327–332, 2005.
- A. Mele, M. E. Tosti, E. Spada, A. Mariano, E. Bianco, and SEIEVA Collaborative Group, Rapporti Istisan, 2006.
- G. Matera, A. Lamberti, A. Quirino et al., “Changes in the prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 4 in Calabria, Southern Italy,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 169–173, 2002.
- D. Sizmann, C. Boeck, J. Boelter et al., “Fully automated quantification of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in human plasma and human serum by the COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan System,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 326–333, 2007.
- G. Gerken, T. Rothaar, M. G. Rumi et al., “Performance of the COBAS AMPLICOR HCV MONITOR test, version 2.0, an automated reverse transcription-PCR quantitative system for hepatitis C virus load determination,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 2210–2214, 2000.
- P. Pizzillo, P. L. Almasio, D. Ferraro, A. Craxì, and R. Di Stefano, “HCV genotypes in Sicily: is there any evidence of a shift?” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1040–1046, 2009.
- M. Cenci, M. Massi, M. Alderisio, G. De Soccio, and O. Recchia, “Prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotypes and increase of type 4 in Central Italy: an update and report of a new method of HCV genotyping,” Anticancer Research, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 1219–1222, 2007.
- V. M. Sánchez, J. F. López Caleya, M. G. Núñez Vásquez, M. L. Morís González, R. Pérez Vicente, and J. A. Caylà Buqueras, “HCV and HIV infection, and coinfection in the León health area in the period 1993–2004,” Revista Espanola de Salud Pública, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 533–541, 2009.
- D. Prati, “Transmission of hepatitis C virus by blood transfusions and other medical procedures: a global review,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 607–616, 2006.
- F. Curcio, G. Villano, S. Masucci, M. Plenzik, C. Veneruso, and G. D. Rosa, “Epidemiological survey of hepatitis c virus infection in a cohort of patients from a ser.t in naples, italy,” Journal of Addiction Medicine, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2011.
- S. Sereno, P. Perinelli, and V. Laghi, “Changes in the prevalence of hepatitis C virus genotype among Italian injection drug users-Relation to period of injection started,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 354–357, 2009.
- J. I. Esteban, S. Sauleda, and J. Quer, “The changing epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in Europe,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 148–162, 2008.
- C. W. Shepard, L. Finelli, and M. J. Alter, “Global epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 558–567, 2005.
- S. Karatapanis, P. Tsoplou, V. Papastergiou, A. Vasiageorgi, M. Stampori, and I. Saitis, “Hepatitis C virus genotyping in Greece: unexpected high prevalence of genotype 5a in a Greek island,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 223–228, 2012.
- European Association for the Study of the Liver, “EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: management of hepatitis C virus infection,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 55, pp. 245–264, 2011.