- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Pharmaceutics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 527380, 9 pages
Solubility Enhancement of Raloxifene Using Inclusion Complexes and Cogrinding Method
Department of Pharmaceutics, R. C. Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Near Karvand Naka, Shirpur, Dhule, Maharashtra 425405, India
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editor: Antonio Ruiz Medina
Copyright © 2013 Payal H. Patil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. V. Murali Mohan Babu, C. D. S. Prasad, and K. V. Ramana Murthy, “Evaluation of modified gum karaya as carrier for the dissolution enhancement of poorly water-soluble drug nimodipine,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 234, no. 1-2, pp. 1–17, 2002.
- P. Pandya, S. Gattani, P. Jain, L. Khirwal, and S. Surana, “Co-solvent evaporation method for enhancement of solubility and dissolution rate of poorly aqueous soluble drug simvastatin: in vitro—in vivo evaluation,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1247–1252, 2008.
- V. K. Rai, B. Rajput, M. Sharma, A. Agarwal, A. Gupta, and N. Singh, “Solubility enhancement of poorly water-soluble drug (raloxifene hydrochloride) by using different Hydrophilic binders in solid dosage form,” Pharmacie Globale International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- A. Trapani, A. Lopedota, N. Denora et al., “A rapid screening tool for estimating the potential of 2-hydroxypropyl- β-cyclodextrin complexation for solubilization purposes,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 295, no. 1-2, pp. 163–175, 2005.
- T. R. Bhardwaj, M. Kanwar, R. Lal, and A. Gupta, “Natural gums and modified natural gums as sustained-release carriers,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1025–1038, 2000.
- R. C. Rowe, P. J. Sheskey, and P. J. Weller, Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients, Pharmaceutical Press, London, UK, 5th edition, 2003.
- A. Portero, C. Remunan-Lopez, and J. L. Vila-Jata, “Effect of chitosan and glutamate enhancing the dissolution properties of the poorly water soluble drug nifedipine,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 175, pp. 75–84, 1998.
- B. Yang, J. Lin, Y. Chen, and Y. Liu, “Artemether/hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin host-guest system: characterization, phase-solubility and inclusion mode,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 6311–6317, 2009.
- M. Patel, A. Tekade, S. Gattani, and S. Surana, “Solubility enhancement of lovastatin by modified locust bean gum using solid dispersion techniques,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1262–1269, 2008.
- D. Derle, S. H. S. Boddu, and M. Magar, “Studies on the preparation, characterization and solubility of β-cyclodextrin-satranidazole inclusion complexes,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, vol. 40, pp. 232–236, 2006.
- S. Gauthami and V. R. Bhat, A Monograph on Gum Karaya, National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, India, 1992.
- H. S. Mahajan, S. K. Shah, and S. J. Surana, “Nasal in situ gel containing hydroxy propyl β-cyclodextrin inclusion complex of artemether: development and in vitro evaluation,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 1-2, pp. 49–58, 2011.
- T. Higuchi and K. A. Connors, “Phase solubility technique,” Advance Analytical Chemistry Instrument, vol. 4, pp. 117–212, 1965.
- G. H. P. Te Wierik, G. K. Bolhuis, K. Zuurman, and C. F. Lerk, “Improvement of dissolution of poorly soluble drugs by solid deposition on a super disintegrant. I. Physical mixtures,” Acta Pharmaceutica Nordica, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 239–244, 1992.
- G. K. Bolhuis, K. Zuurman, and G. H. P. Te Wierik, “Improvement of dissolution of poorly soluble drugs by solid deposition on a super disintegrant. II. The choice of super disintegrants and effect of granulation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 63–69, 1997.
- M. Westerberg, B. Jonsson, and C. Nystrom, “Physicochemical aspects of drug release. IV. The effect of carrier particle properties on the dissolution rate from ordered mixtures,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 1986.