- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Parasitology Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981424, 19 pages
Epidemiology of Enterocytozoon bieneusi Infection in Humans
1Grupo de Protozoários Oportunistas/VIH e Outros Protozoários, Unidade de Parasitologia Médica, CMDT, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 1349-008 Lisboa, Portugal
2Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Received 28 February 2012; Accepted 20 May 2012
Academic Editor: C. Genchi
Copyright © 2012 Olga Matos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Md Robiul Karim, Rongjun Wang, Xiaoyi He, Longxian Zhang, Jian Li, Farzana Islam Rume, Haijv Dong, Meng Qi, Fuchun Jian, Sumei Zhang, Mingfei Sun, Guangyou Yang, Fengcai Zou, Changshen Ning, and Lihua Xiao, “Multilocus sequence typing of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in nonhuman primates in China,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2013.
- Lihua Xiao, Meijin Guo, Liping Duan, Yaqiong Guo, Lili Liu, Jianbin Ye, and Yaoyu Feng, “Concurrent Infections of Giardia duodenalis, Enterocytozoon bieneusi, and C lostridium difficile in Children during a Cryptosporidiosis Outbreak in a P ediatric Hospital in China,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 9, 2013.
- Christen Rune Stensvold, Jessica Beser, Bitte Ljungström, Karin Troell, and Marianne Lebbad, “Low host-specific Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotype BEB6 is common in Swedish lambs,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2014.
- Oswaldo Palenzuela, Maria Jose Redondo, Ann Cali, Peter M. Takvorian, Maria Alonso-Naveiro, and Pilar Alvarez-Pellitero, “A new intranuclear microsporidium, Enterospora nucleophila n. sp., causing an emaciative syndrome in a piscine host (Sparus aurata), prompts the redes cription of the family Enterocytozoonidae,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 44, no. 3-4, pp. 189–203, 2014.
- Ana Luz Galvan-Diaz, Angela Magnet, Soledad Fenoy, Nuno Henriques-Gil, Maria Haro, Francisco Ponce Gordo, Guadalupe Miro, and Carmen del Aguila, “Microsporidia Detection and Genotyping Study of Human Pathogenic E. bieneus i in Animals from Spain,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Md Robiul Karim, Rongjun Wang, Haiju Dong, Jian Li, Sumei Zhang, Farzana Islam Rume, Meng Qi, Fuchun Jian, Mingfei Sun, Guangyou Yang, Fengcai Zou, Changshen Ning, and Lihua Xiao, “Genetic Polymorphism and Zoonotic Potential of Enterocytozoon bieneusi from Nonhuman Primates in China,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 1893–1898, 2014.
- Wei Li, Ruinan Diao, Jinping Yang, Lihua Xiao, Yixin Lu, Yijing Li, and Mingxin Song, “High diversity of human-pathogenic Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotypes in swine in northeast China,” Parasitology Research, 2014.
- Yaqiong Guo, Kerri A. Alderisio, Wenli Yang, Vitaliano Cama, and Lihua Xiao, “Host Specificity and Source of Enterocytozoon bieneusi Genotypes in a Drink ing Source Watershed,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 218–225, 2014.