- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Parasitology Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981424, 19 pages
Epidemiology of Enterocytozoon bieneusi Infection in Humans
1Grupo de Protozoários Oportunistas/VIH e Outros Protozoários, Unidade de Parasitologia Médica, CMDT, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 1349-008 Lisboa, Portugal
2Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Received 28 February 2012; Accepted 20 May 2012
Academic Editor: C. Genchi
Copyright © 2012 Olga Matos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Md Robiul Karim, Rongjun Wang, Xiaoyi He, Longxian Zhang, Jian Li, Farzana Islam Rume, Haijv Dong, Meng Qi, Fuchun Jian, Sumei Zhang, Mingfei Sun, Guangyou Yang, Fengcai Zou, Changshen Ning, and Lihua Xiao, “Multilocus sequence typing of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in nonhuman primates in China,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2013.
- Lihua Xiao, Meijin Guo, Liping Duan, Yaqiong Guo, Lili Liu, Jianbin Ye, Yaoyu Feng, and Lin Wang, “Concurrent Infections of Giardia duodenalis, Enterocytozoon bieneusi, and Clostridium difficile in Children during a Cryptosporidiosis Outbreak in a Pediatric Hospital in China,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 9, 2013.
- Md Robiul Karim, Haiju Dong, Fuchang Yu, Fuchun Jian, Longxian Zhang, Rongjun Wang, Sumei Zhang, Farzana Islam Rume, Changshen Ning, and Lihua Xiao, “Genetic Diversity in Enterocytozoon bieneusi Isolates from Dogs and Cats in China: Host Specificity and Public Health Implications,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 3297–3302, 2014.
- Wei Li, Wei Tao, Yanxue Jiang, Ruinan Diao, Jinping Yang, and Lihua Xiao, “Genotypic Distribution and Phylogenetic Characterization of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in Diarrheic Chickens and Pigs in Multiple Cities, China: Potential Zoonotic Transmission,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Wei Zhao, Weizhe Zhang, Rongjun Wang, Weishi Liu, Aiqin Liu, Dong Yang, Fengkun Yang, Md Robiul Karim, and Longxian Zhang, “Enterocytozoon bieneusi in sika deer (Cervus nippon) and red deer (Cervus elaphus): deer specificity and zoonotic potential of ITS genotypes,” Parasitology Research, 2014.
- Jingbo Ma, Jinzhong Cai, Jiawen Ma, Yaoyu Feng, and Lihua Xiao, “ Enterocytozoon bieneusi Genotypes in Yaks ( Bos grunniens ) and Their Public Health Potential ,” Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology, 2014.
- Wei Zhao, Weizhe Zhang, Fengkun Yang, Jianping Cao, Hua Liu, Dong Yang, Yujuan Shen, and Aiqin Liu, “High Prevalence of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in Asymptomatic Pigs and Assessment of Zoonotic Risk at the Genotype Level,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 3699–3707, 2014.
- Christen Rune Stensvold, Jessica Beser, Bitte Ljungström, Karin Troell, and Marianne Lebbad, “Low host-specific Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotype BEB6 is common in Swedish lambs,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2014.
- Wei Li, Yijing Li, Weizhi Li, Jinping Yang, Mingxin Song, Ruinan Diao, Honglin Jia, Yixin Lu, Jun Zheng, Xichen Zhang, and Lihua Xiao, “Genotypes of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in Livestock in China: High Prevalence and Zoonotic Potential,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Marta Kicia, Maria Wesolowska, Katarzyna Jakuszko, Zaneta Kopacz, Bohumil Sak, Dana Kvetonova, Magdalena Krajewska, and Martin Kvac, “Concurrent Infection of the Urinary Tract with Encephalitozoon cuniculi and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in a Renal Transplant Recipient,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1780–1782, 2014.
- Ana Luz Galvan-Diaz, Angela Magnet, Soledad Fenoy, Nuno Henriques-Gil, Maria Haro, Francisco Ponce Gordo, Guadalupe Miro, Carmen del Aguila, and Fernando Izquierdo, “Microsporidia Detection and Genotyping Study of Human Pathogenic E. bieneusi in Animals from Spain,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Oswaldo Palenzuela, Maria Jose Redondo, Ann Cali, Peter M. Takvorian, Maria Alonso-Naveiro, Pilar Alvarez-Pellitero, and Ariadna Sitja-Bobadilla, “A new intranuclear microsporidium, Enterospora nucleophila n. sp., causing an emaciative syndrome in a piscine host (Sparus aurata), prompts the redescription of the family Enterocytozoonidae,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 44, no. 3-4, pp. 189–203, 2014.
- Md Robiul Karim, Rongjun Wang, Haiju Dong, Longxian Zhang, Jian Li, Sumei Zhang, Farzana Islam Rume, Meng Qi, Fuchun Jian, Mingfei Sun, Guangyou Yang, Fengcai Zou, Changshen Ning, and Lihua Xiao, “Genetic Polymorphism and Zoonotic Potential of Enterocytozoon bieneusi from Nonhuman Primates in China,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 1893–1898, 2014.
- Yue Hu, Yaoyu Feng, Chengchen Huang, and Lihua Xiao, “ Occurrence, Source, and Human Infection Potential of Cryptosporidium and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in Drinking Source Water in Shanghai, China, during a Pig Carcass Disposal Incident ,” Environmental Science & Technology, pp. 141201161544008, 2014.
- Wei Li, Ruinan Diao, Jinping Yang, Lihua Xiao, Yixin Lu, Yijing Li, and Mingxin Song, “High diversity of human-pathogenic Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotypes in swine in northeast China,” Parasitology Research, 2014.
- Yaqiong Guo, Kerri A. Alderisio, Wenli Yang, Vitaliano Cama, Yaoyu Feng, and Lihua Xiao, “Host Specificity and Source of Enterocytozoon bieneusi Genotypes in a Drinking Source Watershed,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 218–225, 2014.
- Joseph A. Moss, John Gordy, and Richard A. Snyder, “ Effective Concentration and Detection of Cryptosporidium , Giardia , and the Microsporidia from Environmental Matrices ,” Journal of Pathogens, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.