- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Probability and Statistics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 167431, 16 pages
Bayesian Non-Parametric Mixtures of GARCH(1,1) Models
School of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Received 2 March 2012; Revised 16 May 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Ori Rosen
Copyright © 2012 John W. Lau and Ed Cripps. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. F. Engle, “Autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity with estimates of the variance of United Kingdom inflation,” Econometrica, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 987–1007, 1982.
- T. Bollerslev, “Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 307–327, 1986.
- L. Bauwens, A. Preminger, and J. V. K. Rombouts, “Theory and inference for a Markov switching GARCH model,” Econometrics Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 218–244, 2010.
- Z. He and J. M. Maheu, “Real time detection of structural breaks in GARCH models,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 2628–2640, 2010.
- R. T. Baillie and C. Morana, “Modelling long memory and structural breaks in conditional variances: an adaptive FIGARCH approach,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1577–1592, 2009.
- M. Haas, S. Mittnik, M. Paolella, Z. He, and J. Maheu, “Mixed normal conditional het-eroskedasticity,” Journal of Financial Econometrics, vol. 2, pp. 211–250, 2004.
- M. Haas, S. Mittnik, M. Paolella, Z. He, and J. Maheu, “A new approach to markov- switching GARCH models,” Journal of Financial Econometrics, vol. 2, pp. 493–530, 2004.
- S. Kaufmann and S. Frühwirth-Schnatter, “Bayesian analysis of switching arch models,” Journal of Time Series Analysis, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 425–458, 2002.
- J. W. Lau and M. K. P. So, “A Monte Carlo Markov chain algorithm for a class of mixture time series models,” Statistics and Computing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 69–81, 2011.
- M. J. Jensen and J. M. Maheu, “Bayesian semiparametric stochastic volatility modeling,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 157, no. 2, pp. 306–316, 2010.
- J. E. Griffin, “Inference in infinite superpositions of Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes using Bayesian nonparametic methods,” Journal of Financial Econometrics, vol. 9, no. 3, Article ID nbq027, pp. 519–549, 2011.
- T. S. Ferguson, “A Bayesian analysis of some nonparametric problems,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 1, pp. 209–230, 1973.
- A. Y. Lo, “On a class of Bayesian nonparametric estimates. I. Density estimates,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 351–357, 1984.
- J. Pitman and M. Yor, “The two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet distribution derived from a stable subordinator,” Annals of Probability, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 855–900, 1997.
- J. Pitman, “Poisson-Kingman partitions,” in Statistics and Science: A Festschrift for Terry Speed, vol. 40 of IMS Lecture Notes Monogr, pp. 1–34, Beachwood, Ohio, USA, 2003.
- J. F. C. Kingman, “Random discrete distribution,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, vol. 37, pp. 1–22, 1975.
- L. F. James, “Poisson process partition calculus with applications to exchangeable models and Bayesian nonparametrics,” http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0205093.
- L. F. James, “Bayesian poisson process partition calculus with an application to Bayesian lévy moving averages,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1771–1799, 2005.
- A. Lijoi, I. Prünster, and S. G. Walker, “Bayesian nonparametric estimators derived from conditional Gibbs structures,” Annals of Applied Probability, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1519–1547, 2008.
- S. G. Walker, “Sampling the Dirichlet mixture model with slices,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 45–54, 2007.
- O. Papaspiliopoulos and G. O. Roberts, “Retrospective Markov chain Monte Carlo methods for Dirichlet process hierarchical models,” Biometrika, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 169–186, 2008.
- A. Lijoi, I. Prünster, and S. G. Walker, “Investigating nonparametric priors with Gibbs structure,” Statistica Sinica, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1653–1668, 2008.
- P. Embrechts, C. Klüppelberg, and T. Mikosch, Modelling Extremal Events for Insurance and Finance, Springer, 1997.
- Z. Zhang, W. K. Li, and K. C. Yuen, “On a mixture GARCH time-series model,” Journal of Time Series Analysis, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 577–597, 2006.
- W. Vervaat, “On a stochastic difference equation and a representation of nonnegative infinitely divisible random variables,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 11, pp. 750–783, 1979.
- A. Brandt, “The stochastic equation with stationary coefficients,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 211–220, 1986.
- J. K. Ghosh and R. V. Ramamoorthi, Bayesian Nonparametrics, Springer Series in Statistics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- J. Pitman, Combinatorial Stochastic Processes, vol. 1875 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006, Lectures from the 32nd Summer School on Probability Theory held in Saint-Flour, July 7–24, 2002,With a foreword by Jean Picard.
- M. West, P. Müller, and M. D. Escobar, “Hierarchical priors and mixture models, with applications in regression and density estimation,” in A Tribute to D. V. Lindley, pp. 363–386, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1994.