- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Probability and Statistics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 807045, 5 pages
Improved Estimators of the Mean of a Normal Distribution with a Known Coefficient of Variation
Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Received 1 August 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 13 November 2012
Academic Editor: Shein-chung Chow
Copyright © 2012 Wuttichai Srisodaphol and Noppakun Tongmol. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Khan, “A note on estimating the mean of a normal distribution with known coefficient of variation,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 63, pp. 1039–1104, 1968.
- A. T. Arnholt and J. E. Hebert, “Estimating the mean with known coefficient of variation,” The Amrican Statistician, vol. 49, pp. 367–369, 1995.
- R. G. Miller, “The jackknife: a review,” Biometrika, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 1974.
- G. Casella and R. L. Berger, Statistical Inference, Duxbury, 2nd edition, 2002.