- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Probability and Statistics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 969753, 17 pages
Testing for Change in Mean of Independent Multivariate Observations with Time Varying Covariance
Institute of Mathematics of Luminy, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Received 28 August 2011; Accepted 24 November 2011
Academic Editor: Man Lai Tang
Copyright © 2012 Mohamed Boutahar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Sen and M. S. Srivastava, “On tests for detecting change in mean,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 3, pp. 98–108, 1975.
- A. Sen and M. S. Srivastava, “Some one-sided tests for change in level,” Technometrics, vol. 17, pp. 61–64, 1975.
- D. M. Hawkins, “Testing a sequence of observations for a shift in location,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 72, no. 357, pp. 180–186, 1977.
- K. J. Worsley, “On the likelihood ratio test for a shift in location of normal populations,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 74, no. 366, pp. 365–367, 1979.
- B. James, K. L. James, and D. Siegmund, “Tests for a change-point,” Biometrika, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 1987.
- S. M. Tang and I. B. MacNeill, “The effect of serial correlation on tests for parameter change at unknown time,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 552–575, 1993.
- J. Antoch, M. Hušková, and Z. Prášková, “Effect of dependence on statistics for determination of change,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 291–310, 1997.
- X. Shao and X. Zhang, “Testing for change points in time series,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 105, no. 491, pp. 1228–1240, 2010.
- M. S. Srivastava and K. J. Worsley, “Likelihood ratio tests for a change in the multivariate normal mean,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 81, no. 393, pp. 199–204, 1986.
- L. Horváth, P. Kokoszka, and J. Steinebach, “Testing for changes in multivariate dependent observations with an application to temperature changes,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 96–119, 1999.
- Z. Qu and P. Perron, “Estimating and testing structural changes in multivariate regressions,” Econometrica, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 459–502, 2007.
- C. Starica and C. W. J. Granger, “Nonstationarities in stock returns,” The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 503–522, 2005.
- P. Artzner, F. Delbaen, J.-M. Eber, and D. Heath, “Coherent measures of risk,” Mathematical Finance, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 203–228, 1999.
- A. G. Holton, Value-at-Risk: Theory and Practice, Academic Press, 2003.
- M. Boutahar, “Identification of persistent cycles in non-Gaussian long-memory time series,” Journal of Time Series Analysis, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 653–672, 2008.
- P. Billingsley, Convergence of Probability Measures, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- D. L. Iglehart, “Weak convergence of probability measures on product spaces with application to sums of random vectors,” Technical Report, Stanford University, Department of Statistics, Stanford, Calif, USA, 1968.
- P. Hall and C. C. Heyde, Martingale Limit Theory and Its Application, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- Y. S. Chow, “Local convergence of martingales and the law of large numbers,” Annals of Mathematical Statistics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 552–558, 1965.
- T. L. Lai and C. Z. Wei, “Least squares estimates in stochastic regression models with applications to identification and control of dynamic systems,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 154–166, 1982.
- T. Teräsvirta, “Specification, estimation, and evaluation of smooth transition autoregressive models,” Journal of American Statistical Association, vol. 89, pp. 208–218, 1994.