- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Powder Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 164239, 7 pages
The Solubility of Two Magnetite Powders in Oxalic Acid: Applicability of Empirical Modelling
Department of Chemistry, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Skinnarilankatu 34, 53850 Lappeenranta, Finland
Received 26 September 2012; Revised 5 December 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Tomasz Sosnowski
Copyright © 2013 Riina Salmimies et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Arslan and O. Bayat, “Removal of Fe from kaolin by chemical leaching and bioleaching,” Clays & Clay Minerals, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 787–794, 2009.
- F. Beolchini, M. Petrangeli Papini, L. Toro, M. Trifoni, and F. Vegliò, “Acid leaching of manganiferous ores by sucrose: kinetic modelling and related statistical analysis,” Minerals Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 175–184, 2001.
- T. O'Hara, A. Dunne, J. Butler, and J. Devane, “A review of methods used to compare dissolution profile data,” Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Today, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 214–223, 1998.
- E. Adams, R. De Maesschalck, B. De Spiegeleer, Y. Vander Heyden, J. Smeyers-Verbeke, and D. L. Massart, “Evaluation of dissolution profiles using principal component analysis,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 212, no. 1, pp. 41–53, 2001.
- R. M. Maggio, P. M. Castellano, and T. S. Kaufman, “PCA-CR analysis of dissolution profiles. A chemometric approach to probe the polymorphic form of the active pharmaceutical ingredient in a drug product,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 378, no. 1-2, pp. 187–193, 2009.
- R. Salmimies, M. Louhi-Kultanen, B. Ekberg, A. Häkkinen, J. Kallas, and M. Huhtanen, “Fouling of filter media: solubility of oxalate solutions,” in Proceedings of the 10th World Filtration Congress, pp. 14–18, Leipzig, Germany, April 2008.
- B. Herath, C. Albano, A. Anttila, and B. Flykt, “Empirical modelling of a dewatering process using multivariate data analysis,” Filtration and Separation, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 44–57, 1992.
- M. Huhtanen, A. Häkkinen, B. Ekberg, and J. Kallas, “Experimental study of the influence of process variables on the performance of a horizontal belt filter,” Filtration, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 120–125, 2011.
- J. S. Thella and R. Venugopal, “Modeling of iron ore pelletization using factorial design of experiments and polynomial surface regression methodology,” Powder Technology, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 54–59, 2011.
- P. S. Sidhu, R. J. Gilkes, R. M. Cornell, A. M. Posner, and J. P. Quirk, “Dissolution of iron oxides and oxyhydroxides in hydrochloric and perchloric acids,” Clays & Clay Minerals, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 269–276, 1981.
- V. I. E. Bruyére and M. A. Blesa, “Acidic and reductive dissolution of magnetite in aqueous sulfuric acid. Site-binding model and experimental results,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 141–156, 1985.
- M. A. Blesa, H. A. Marinovich, E. C. Baumgartner, and A. J. G. Maroto, “Mechanism of dissolution of magnetite by oxalic acid-ferrous ion solutions,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 22, pp. 3713–3717, 1987.
- F. H. Sweeton and C. F. Baes, “The solubility of magnetite and hydrolysis of ferrous ion in aqueous solutions at elevated temperatures,” The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 479–500, 1970.
- D. Panias, M. Taxiarchou, I. Paspaliaris, and A. Kontopoulos, “Mechanisms of dissolution of iron oxides in aqueous oxalic acid solutions,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 257–265, 1996.
- M. Taxiarchou, D. Panias, I. Douni, I. Paspaliaris, and A. Kontopoulos, “Dissolution of hematite in acidic oxalate solutions,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 287–299, 1997.
- S. O. Lee, T. Tran, Y. Y. Park, S. J. Kim, and M. J. Kim, “Study on the kinetics of iron oxide leaching by oxalic acid,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 80, no. 2–4, pp. 144–152, 2006.
- G. E. P. Box, W. G. Hunter, and J. S. Hunter, Statistics for Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1987.
- D. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, Toronto, Canada, 1997.
- G. Tatterson, Scaleup and Design of Industrial Mixing Processes, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- R. Salmimies, M. Mannila, J. Kallas, and A. Häkkinen, “Acidic dissolution of magnetite: experimental study on the effects of acid concentration and temperature,” Clays & Clay Minerals, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 136–146, 2011.