- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Powder Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 643167, 3 pages
Correlation between Shear Wave Velocity and Porosity in Porous Solids and Rocks
1Institute of Materials & Machine Mechanics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Račianska 75, SK—831 02 Bratislava 3, Slovakia
2Slovak University of Technology, IVMA STU, Institute of Technologies & Materials STU, Pionierska 15, SK—831 02 Bratislava 3, Slovakia
Received 6 July 2012; Revised 16 October 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editor: Chengfeng Li
Copyright © 2013 J. Kováčik and Š. Emmer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Kováčik, “Correlation between Young's modulus and porosity in porous materials,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 18, no. 13, pp. 1007–1010, 1999.
- D. Stauffer and A. Aharony, Introduction to Percolation Theory, Taylor & Francis, London, 2nd edition, 1992.
- L. P. Martin, D. Dadon, and M. Rosen, “Evaluation of ultrasonically determined elasticity-porosity relations in zinc oxide,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 1281–1289, 1996.
- H. P. Schriemer, N. G. Pachet, and J. H. Page, “Ultrasonic investigation of the vibrational modes of a sintered glass-bead percolation system,” Waves Random Media, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 361–386, 1996.
- L. E. Kinsler, A. R. Frey, A. B. Coppens, and J. V. Sanders, Fundamentals of Acoustics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2000.
- J. Kováčik, “Correlation between shear modulus and porosity in porous materials,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 20, no. 21, pp. 1953–1955, 2001.
- J. Kováčik, “Correlation between Poisson's ratio and porosity in porous materials,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1247–1249, 2006.
- J. Kováčik, “Correlation between elastic modulus, shear modulus, poisson's ratio and porosity in porous materials,” Advanced Engineering Materials, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 250–252, 2008.
- R. W. Rice, “Use of normalized porosity in models for the porosity dependence of mechanical properties,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 983–989, 2005.
- W. Pabst and E. Gregorová, “New relation for the porosity dependence of the effective tensile modulus of brittle materials,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 3501–3503, 2004.