- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Quality, Statistics, and Reliability
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 681210, 8 pages
Bayesian Prediction of the Overhaul Effect on a Repairable System with Bounded Failure Intensity
Department of Operational Research, University of Delhi, Delhi 7, India
Received 13 December 2010; Revised 20 June 2011; Accepted 21 June 2011
Academic Editor: Ratna Babu Chinnam
Copyright © 2011 Preeti Wanti Srivastava and Nidhi Jain. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Pham and H. Wang, “Imperfect maintenance,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 425–438, 1996.
- M. A. K. Malik, “Reliable preventive maintenance scheduling,” AIIE Transactions, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 221–228, 1979.
- I. Shin, T. J. Lim, and C. H. Lie, “Estimating parameters of intensity function and maintenance effect for repairable unit,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1996.
- L. J. Bain and M. Engelhardt, “Inferences on the parameters and current system reliability for a time truncated weibull process,” Technometrics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 421–426, 1980.
- L. J. Bain and M. Engelhardt, “Prediction intervals for the Weibull Process,” Technometrics, vol. 20, pp. 167–169, 1978.
- L. H. Crow, “Reliability analysis for complex, repairable systems,” Reliability and Biometry, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 379–410, 1974.
- M. Guida, R. Calabria, and G. Pulcini, “Bayes inference for a non-homogeneous Poisson process with power intensity law,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 603–609, 1989.
- L. Lee and S. K. Lee, “Some results on inference for the weibull process,” Technometrics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 1978.
- S. E. Rigdon and A. P. Basu, Statistical Methods for the Reliability of Repairable Systems, John Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- A. Sen, “Bayesian estimation and prediction of the intensity of the power law process,” Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 613–631, 2002.
- J. W. Yu, G. L. Tian, and M. L. Tang, “Predictive analyses for nonhomogeneous Poisson processes with power law using Bayesian approach,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 4254–4268, 2007.
- D. R. Cox and P. A. W. Lewis, The Statistical Analysis of Series of Events, 1966.
- N. Jack, “Analysing event data from a repairable machine subject to imperfect preventive maintenance,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 183–186, 1997.
- G. Pulcini, “On the overhaul effect for repairable mechanical units: a Bayes approach,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 85–94, 2000.
- G. Pulcini, “On the prediction of future failures for a repairable equipment subject to overhauls,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 691–706, 2001.
- M. Engelhardt and L. J. Bain, “On the mean time between failures for repairable systems,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 419–422, 1986.
- G. Pulcini, “A bounded intensity process for the reliability of repairable equipment,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 480–492, 2001.
- L. Attardi and G. Pulcini, “A new model for repairable systems with bounded failure intensity,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 572–582, 2005.