- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Quality, Statistics, and Reliability
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 721962, 8 pages
Estimation of Reliability for a Two Component Survival Stress-Strength Model
1Department of Studies in Statistics, Karnatak University, Dharwad, Karnataka 580-003, India
2KLS-Institute of Management Education and Research, Belgaum, Karnataka 590-011, India
Received 14 December 2010; Revised 5 May 2011; Accepted 17 June 2011
Academic Editor: Mohammad Modarres
Copyright © 2011 S. B. Munoli and Rohit R. Mutkekar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Church and B. Harris, “The estimation of reliability from stress-strength relationship,” Technometrics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 1970.
- F. Downton, “The estimation of in the normal case,” Technometrics, vol. 15, pp. 551–558, 1973.
- J. K. Wani and D. G. Kabe, “Point estimation of reliability of a system comprised of k elements from the same gamma model,” Technometrics, vol. 13, pp. 859–864, 1971.
- K. Constantine, S. Tse, and M. Karson, “Estimation of in the gamma distribution case,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 365–388, 1986.
- G. K. Bhattacharya and R. A. Johnson, “Estimation of reliability in a multi component stress-strength model,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 69, no. 348, pp. 966–970, 1974.
- S. H. Kunchur and S. B. Munoli, “Estimation of reliability for a multi component survival stress-strength model based on exponential distribution,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 769–779, 1993.
- S. Dan and A. S. Krausz, “A multi-step stress-strength model of a parallel system,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. R-35, no. 1, pp. 119–123, 1986.
- S. H. Kunchur and S. B. Munoli, “Estimation of reliability in Freunds model for two component system,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 3273–3283, 1994.
- D. D. Hanagal, “Estimation of system reliability in a two component stress-strength models,” Economic Quality Control, vol. 11, pp. 145–154, 1996.
- D. Kundu and R. D. Gupta, “Estimation of for generalized exponential distribution,” Metrika, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 291–308, 2005.
- S. K. Bhattacharya, “Bayesian approach to life testing and reliability estimation,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 62, no. 317, pp. 48–62, 1967.
- N. R. Draper and I. Guttman, “Bayesian analysis of reliability in multi component stress-strength models,” Communications in Statistics, vol. A7, pp. 441–451, 1978.
- G. E. P. Box and G. C. Tiao, Bayesian Inference in Statistical Analysis, Addison Wesley, 1973.