- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Quality and Reliability Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 943972, 10 pages
Reliability Analysis of the Engineering Systems Using Intuitionistic Fuzzy Set Theory
1School of Mathematics and Computer Applications, Thapar University Patiala, Punjab 147004, India
2Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667, India
Received 22 April 2013; Revised 22 July 2013; Accepted 29 July 2013
Academic Editor: Adiel Teixeira de Almeida
Copyright © 2013 Harish Garg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K.-Y. Cai, “System failure engineering and fuzzy methodology: an introductory overview,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 113–133, 1996.
- H. Garg and S. P. Sharma, “Stochastic behavior analysis of industrial systems utilizing uncertain data,” ISA Transactions, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 752–762, 2012.
- J. Knezevic and E. R. Odoom, “Reliability modelling of repairable systems using Petri nets and fuzzy Lambda-Tau methodology,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 2001.
- D.-L. Mon and C.-H. Cheng, “Fuzzy system reliability analysis for components with different membership functions,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 145–157, 1994.
- S. P. Sharma and H. Garg, “Behavioural analysis of urea decomposition system in a fertiliser plant,” International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 271–297, 2011.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- H. Garg, M. Rani, S. P. Sharma, et al., “Predicting uncertain behavior of press unit in a paper industry using artificial bee colony and fuzzy Lambda-Tau methodology,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1869–1881, 2013.
- R. K. Sharma, D. Kumar, and P. Kumar, “Predicting uncertain behavior of industrial system using FM-A practical case,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 96–109, 2008.
- R. K. Sharma and S. Kumar, “Performance modeling in critical engineering systems using RAM analysis,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 913–919, 2008.
- H. Garg, “Performance analysis of reparable industrial systems using PSO and fuzzy confidence interval based methodology,” ISA Transactions, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 171–183, 2013.
- K. T. Atanassov, “Intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 87–96, 1986.
- W.-L. Gau and D. J. Buehrer, “Vague sets,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 610–614, 1993.
- H. Bustince and P. Burillo, “Vague sets are intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 403–405, 1996.
- S. M. Chen, “Analyzing fuzzy system reliability using vague set theory,” International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 82–88, 2003.
- J.-R. Chang, K.-H. Chang, S.-H. Liao, and C.-H. Cheng, “The reliability of general vague fault-tree analysis on weapon systems fault diagnosis,” Soft Computing, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 531–542, 2006.
- S. M. Taheri and R. Zarei, “Bayesian system reliability assessment under the vague environment,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1614–1622, 2011.
- A. Kumar, S. P. Yadav, S. Kumar, et al., “Fuzzy reliability of a marine power plant using interval valued vague sets,” International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 71–82, 2006.
- M. Kumar and S. P. Yadav, “A novel approach for analyzing fuzzy system reliability using different types of intuitionistic fuzzy failure rates of components,” ISA Transactions, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 288–297, 2012.
- G. S. Mahapatra and T. K. Roy, “Reliability evaluation using triangular intuitionistic fuzzy numbers arithmetic operations,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 38, pp. 578–585, 2009.
- H. Garg, “Reliability analysis of repairable systems using Petri nets and Vague Lambda-Tau methodology,” ISA Transactions, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 6–18, 2013.
- D.-F. Li, “Multiattribute decision making models and methods using intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 73–85, 2005.
- E. Szmidt and J. Kacprzyk, “Intuitionistic fuzzy sets in group decision making,” Notes on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 11–14, 1996.
- S. K. De, R. Biswas, and A. R. Roy, “An application of intuitionistic fuzzy sets in medical diagnosis,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 209–213, 2001.
- L. Dengfeng and C. Chuntian, “New similarity measures of intuitionistic fuzzy sets and application to pattern recognitions,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 23, no. 1–3, pp. 221–225, 2002.
- H. Garg, M. Rani, et al., “An approach for reliability analysis of industrial systems using PSO and IFS technique,” ISA Transactions, 2013.
- K. Das, “A comparative study of exponential distribution vs Weibull distribution in machine reliability analysis in a CMS design,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 12–33, 2008.
- T. J. Ross, Fuzzy Logic with Engineering Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2004.