- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 129506, 14 pages
Parallel Robot Translational Performance Evaluation through Direction-Selective Index (DSI)
Dipartimento di Tecnica e Gestione dei Sistemi Industriali, Università degli Studi di Padova, Stradella S. Nicola 3, 36100 Vicenza, Italy
Received 28 January 2011; Revised 13 May 2011; Accepted 26 May 2011
Academic Editor: Yuan Zheng
Copyright © 2011 G. Boschetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. K. Salisbury and J. J. Craig, “Articulated hands: force control and kinematic issues,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 4–17, 1982.
- T. Yoshikawa, “Manipulability of robotic mechanisms,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 3–9, 1985.
- C. Gosselin and J. Angeles, “Global performance index for the kinematic optimization of robotic manipulators,” Transaction of the ASME, Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 220–226, 1991.
- J. P. Merlet, “Jacobian, manipulability, condition number, and accuracy of parallel robots,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 199–206, 2006.
- J. Angeles and C. S. Lopez-Cajun, “Kinematic isotropy and the conditioning index of serial robotic manipulators,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 560–571, 1992.
- C. M. Gosselin, “The optimum design of robotic manipulators using dexterity indices,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 213–226, 1992.
- S. G. Kim and J. Ryu, “New dimensionally homogeneous Jacobian matrix formulation by three end-effector points for optimal design of parallel manipulators,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 731–737, 2003.
- S. G. Kim and J. Ryu, “Force transmission analyses with dimensionally homogeneous jacobian matrices for parallel manipulators,” KSME International Journal, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 780–788, 2004.
- G. Pond and J. A. Carretero, “Formulating Jacobian matrices for the dexterity analysis of parallel manipulators,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1505–1519, 2006.
- R. V. Mayorga and J. Carrera, “A manipulator performance index based on the jacobian rate of change: a motion planning analysis,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Orlando, Fla, USA, May 2006.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “A new approach to the architecture optimization of a general 3-PUU translational parallel manipulator,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 59–72, 2006.
- Q. Xu and Y. Li, “An investigation on mobility and stiffness of a 3-DOF translational parallel manipulator via screw theory,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 402–414, 2008.
- C. Gosselin, “Stiffness mapping for parallel manipulators,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 377–382, 1990.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “Kinematic analysis and design of a new 3-DOF translational parallel manipulator,” Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 729–737, 2006.
- I. Mansouri and M. Ouali, “A new homogeneous manipulability measure of robot manipulators, based on power concept,” Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 927–944, 2009.
- I. Mansouri and M. Ouali, “The power manipulability—a new homogeneous performance index of robot manipulators,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 434–449, 2011.
- J. Wang, X. Liu, and C. Wu, “Optimal design of a new spatial 3-DOF parallel robot with respect to a frame-free index,” Science in China E, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 986–999, 2009.
- J. Wang, C. Wu, and X. J. Liu, “Performance evaluation of parallel manipulators: motion/force transmissibility and its index,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 45, pp. 1462–1476, 2010.
- G. Boschetti and A. Trevisani, “Direction selective performance indexes for parallel manipulators,” in Proceedings of the 1st Joint International Conference on Multibody System Dynamics, Lappeenranta, Finland, May 2010.
- O. Ma and J. Angeles, “Optimum architecture design of platform manipulator,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics Automation, pp. 1131–1135, 1991.
- O. Company, F. Pierrot, S. Krut, and V. Nabat, “Simplified dynamic modeling and improvement of a four-degree-of-freedom pick-and-place manipulator with articulated moving platform,” Proceedings of IMechE Part I, vol. 223, no. 1, pp. 13–27, 2009.