- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 389158, 12 pages
Advanced Methods for Robot-Environment Interaction towards an Industrial Robot Aware of Its Volume
Comau Robotics S.p.A., Via Rivalta 30, 10095 Turin, Italy
Received 27 January 2011; Accepted 11 July 2011
Academic Editor: Gordon R. Pennock
Copyright © 2011 Fabrizio Romanelli. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Romanelli and F. Tampalini, “A control algorithm for the management of multiple dynamical geometrical areas for industrial manipulators,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region (RAAD '08), Ancona, Italy, September 2008.
- M. Vukobratović, D. Surdilovic, and Y. Ekalo, Dynamics and Robust Control of Robot-Environment Interaction, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2008.
- H. Marcuse, One-Dimensional Man: Studies in the Ideology of Advanced Industrial Society, Routledge, 1964.
- B. Schulz, “The gift of sight,” Austrlian Manufacturing Technology, pp. 86–89, 2007.
- B. Rooks, “Precision robot welding for world’s largest particle physics apparatus,” Industrial Robot, vol. 32, no. 4, 2005.
- S. Chunxue, B. Yingyong, and L. Jianghui, “Mobile robot path planning in three-dimensional environment based on ACO-PSO hybrid algorithm,” in IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM '08), pp. 252–256, August 2008.
- J. Wolfe, B. Marthi, and S. Russell, “Combined task and motion planning for mobile manipulation,” in the 20th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS '10), pp. 254–257, May 2010.
- M. H. Kazemi, S. Ahangarian, and A. Hashempour, “Fuzzy path tracking control of a 5-DOF experimental robot,” in IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA '08), pp. 436–440, June 2008.
- M. Matinfar, C. Baird, A. Batouli, R. Clatterbuck, and P. Kazanzides, “Robot-assisted skull base surgery,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '07), pp. 865–870, November 2007.
- G. van den Bergen, Collision Detection in Interactive 3D Environments, Morgan Kaufmann, 2003.
- E. Drumwright, “A fast and stable penalty method for rigid body simulation,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 231–240, 2008.
- J. U. Kuehnle, M. Danzer, A. Verl, and R. Bischoff, “Real-time 3D environment model for obstacle detection and collision avoidance with a mobile service robot,” in Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision XXVII: Algorithms and Techniques, vol. 7539 of Proceedings of SPIE, January 2010.
- M. Shahrokhi and A. Bernard, “A fuzzy approach for definition of dangerous zone in industrial systems,” in IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '04), pp. 6318–6324, October 2004.
- F. Romanelli and F. Tampalini, “BOG and fuzzy filters based multimodal collision avoidance for industrial manipulators,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, pp. 779–784, Chengdu, China, September 2008.
- M. A. Abam, M. de Berg, S.-H. Poon, and B. Speckmann, “Kinetic collision detection for convex fat objects,” in the European Symposium on Algorithms, 2006.
- P. K. Agarwal and N. H. Mustafa, “Independent set of intersection graphs of convex objects in 2D,” in Proceedings of the 9th Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory (SWAT '04), T. Hagerup and J. Katajainen, Eds., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 127–137, 2004.
- H. A. Sulaiman and A. Bade, “Balanced hierarchical method of collision detection in virtual environment,” in the 2nd International Conference on Software Engineering and Computer Systems (ICSECS '11), vol. 181, pp. 493–501, 2011.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- T. Akenine-Möller, E. Haines, and N. Hoffman, Real-Time Rendering, A K Peters, Wellesley, Mass, USA, 2008.