- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 489695, 17 pages
Kineto-Elastodynamic Characteristics of the Six-Degree-of-Freedom Parallel Structure Seismic Simulator
Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Shantou University, Shantou City, Guangdong 515063, China
Received 19 January 2011; Revised 19 May 2011; Accepted 3 June 2011
Academic Editor: Yangmin Li
Copyright © 2011 Yongjie Zhao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Ceccarelli, E. Ottaviano, and M. Galvagno, “A 3-DOF parallel manipulator as earthquake motion simulator,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARC '02), pp. 944–949, December 2002.
- M. Ceccarelli, E. Ottaviano, and G. Castelli, “An application of a 3-DOF parallel manipulator for earthquake simulations,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC '05), pp. 1–8, September 2005.
- Y. Zhao, F. Gao, W. Li, W. Liu, and X. Zhao, “Development of 6-dof parallel seismic simulator with novel redundant actuation,” Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 422–427, 2009.
- J. P. Merlet, Parallel Robots, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2nd edition, 2006.
- L. W. Tsai, Robot Analysis, the Mechanics of Serial and Parallel Manipulators, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- Z. Huang, Y. F. Fang, and L. F. Kong, Theory of Parallel Robotic Mechanisms and Control, China Machine Press, Beijing, China, 1997.
- S. K. Dwivedy and P. Eberhard, “Dynamic analysis of flexible manipulators, a literature review,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 749–777, 2006.
- Y. Zhao, F. Gao, X. Dong, and X. Zhao, “Elastodynamic characteristics comparison of the 8-PSS redundant parallel manipulator and its non-redundant counterpart-the 6-PSS parallel manipulator,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 291–303, 2010.
- P. K. Subrahmanyan and P. Seshu, “Dynamics of a flexible five bar manipulator,” Computers & Structures, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 283–294, 1997.
- J. A. Somolinos, V. Feliu, and L. Sánchez, “Design, dynamic modelling and experimental validation of a new three-degree-of-freedom flexible arm,” Mechatronics, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 919–948, 2002.
- A. Fattah, J. Angeles, and A. K. Misra, “Dynamics of a 3-DOF spatial parallel manipulator with flexible links,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 627–632, Nagoya, Japan, May 1995.
- J. D. Lee and Z. Geng, “A dynamic model of a flexible stewart platform,” Computers & Structures, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 367–374, 1993.
- B. Kang and J. K. Mills, “Dynamic modeling of structurally-flexible planar parallel manipulator,” Robotica, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 329–339, 2002.
- X. Wang and J. K. Mills, “FEM dynamic model for active vibration control of flexible linkages and its application to a planar parallel manipulator,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 66, no. 10, pp. 1151–1161, 2005.
- G. Piras, W. L. Cleghorn, and J. K. Mills, “Dynamic finite-element analysis of a planar high-speed, high-precision parallel manipulator with flexible links,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 849–862, 2005.
- X. Wang and J. K. Mills, “Dynamic modeling of a flexible-link planar parallel platform using a substructuring approach,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 671–687, 2006.
- X. Zhang, J. K. Mills, and W. L. Cleghorn, “Dynamic modeling and experimental validation of a 3-PRR parallel manipulator with flexible intermediate links,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 323–340, 2007.
- Z. Zhou, J. Xi, and C. K. Mechefske, “Modeling of a fully flexible 3PRS manipulator for vibration analysis,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 403–412, 2006.
- Z. Zhou, C. K. Mechefske, and F. Xi, “Nonstationary vibration of a fully flexible parallel kinematic machine,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 623–630, 2007.
- Y. Yun and Y. Li, “Design and analysis of a novel 6-DOF redundant actuated parallel robot with compliant hinges for high precision positioning,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 829–845, 2010.
- Y. Li and Q. Xu, “Dynamic modeling and robust control of a 3-PRC translational parallel kinematic machine,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 630–640, 2009.
- L. W. Tsai, “Solving the inverse dynamics of a Stewart-Gough manipulator by the principle of virtual work,” Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 3–9, 2000.
- Y. Zhao and F. Gao, “Inverse dynamics of the 6-dof out-parallel manipulator by means of the principle of virtual work,” Robotica, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 259–268, 2009.
- C. Zhang, Y. Q. Huang, Z. L. Wang, et al., Analysis and Synthesis of Elastic Mechanical Linkage, China Machine Press, Beijing, China, 2nd edition, 1997.
- Y. Q. Yu and Z. Li, Modern Dynamics of Machinery, Beijing University of Technology Press, Beijing, China, 1998.
- A. K. Chopra, Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering, Pearson Education Asia Limited and Tsinghua University Press, 2nd edition, 2001.