- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 621879, 14 pages
Design and Steering Control of a Center-Articulated Mobile Robot Module
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, N6A 5B9, Canada
Received 3 July 2011; Accepted 3 November 2011
Academic Editor: Yangmin Li
Copyright © 2011 Mehdi Delrobaei and Kenneth A. McIsaac. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Delrobaei and K. A. McIsaac, “Connection mechanism for autonomous self-assembly in mobile robots,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1413–1419, 2009.
- P. I. Corke and P. Ridley, “Steering kinematics for a center-articulated mobile robot,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 215–218, 2001.
- J. P. Laumond, Robot Motion Planning and Control, Springer, 1998.
- D. Apostolopoulos, “Analytical configuration of wheeled robotic locomotion,” Tech. Rep. CMU-RI-TR-01-08, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 2001.
- B. J. Choi and S. V. Sreenivasan, “Gross motion characteristics of articulated mobile robots with pure rolling capability on smooth uneven surfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 340–343, 1999.
- C. Altafini, “Path-tracking criterion for an LHD articulated vehicle,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 435–441, 1999.
- J. Marshall, T. Barfoot, and J. Larsson, “Autonomous underground tramming for center-articulated vehicles,” Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 25, no. 6-7, pp. 400–421, 2008.
- P. Ridley and P. Corke, “Load haul dump vehicle kinematics and control,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 54–59, 2003.
- G. N. DeSouza and A. C. Kak, “Vision for mobile robot navigation: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 237–267, 2002.
- L. Montesano, J. Gaspar, J. Santos-Victor, and L. Montano, “Fusing vision-based bearing measurements and motion to localize pairs of robots,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2333–2338, August 2005.
- M. Dorigo, V. Trianni, E. Şahin et al., “Evolving self-organizing behaviors for a swarm-bot,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 17, no. 2-3, pp. 223–245, 2004.
- F. Mondada, G. C. Pettinaro, A. Guignard et al., “Swarm-bot: a new distributed robotic concept,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 17, no. 2-3, pp. 193–221, 2004.
- R. C. Luo, C. T. Liao, K. L. Su, and K. C. Lin, “Automatic docking and recharging system for autonomous security robot,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2953–2958, August 2005.
- C. Bererton and P. K. Khosla, “Towards a team of robots with repair capabilities: a visual docking system,” in Proceedings of the 7th ISER Conference, vol. 271, pp. 333–342, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
- S. Murata, K. Kakomura, and H. Kurokawa, “Docking experiments of a modular robot by visual feedback,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '06), pp. 625–630, October 2006.
- J. Liu, Y. Wang, S. Ma, and Y. Li, “Enumeration of the non-isomorphic configurations for a reconfigurable modular robot with square-cubic-cell modules,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 58–68, 2010.
- J. Wang and Y. Li, “Kinematic analysis of a mobile robot with two-body frames,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA '08), pp. 1073–1078, June 2008.
- S. Hirose, Biologically Inspired Robots (Snake-Like Locomotors and Manipulators), Oxford University Press, 1993.
- S. Hirose, T. Shirasu, and E. F. Fukushima, “Proposal for cooperative robot “Gunryu” composed of autonomous segments,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 107–118, 1996.
- S. Hirose, R. Damoto, and A. Kawakami, “Study of Super-Mechano-Colony (concept and basic experimental setup),” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1664–1669, November 2000.
- S. Hirose and M. Mori, “Biologically inspired snake-like robots,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE ROBIO '04), pp. 1–7, August 2004.
- R. Damoto, A. Kawakami, and S. Hirose, “Study of super-mechano colony: concept and basic experimental set-up,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 391–408, 2001.
- A. Astolfi, P. Bolzern, and A. Locatelli, “Path-tracking of a tractor-trailer vehicle along rectilinear and circular paths: a Lyapunov-based approach,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 154–160, 2004.
- M. Aicardi, G. Casalino, A. Bicchi, and A. Balestrino, “Closed loop steering of unicycle-like vehicles via Lyapunov techniques,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 1995.
- F. Bullo and A. D. Lewis, Geometric Control of Mechanical Systems, Springer, 2004.
- J. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice-Hall, 1991.
- M. Delrobaei and K. A. Mcisaac, “Parking control of an active-joint center-articulated mobile robot based on feedback from beacons,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE '10), Calgary, Canada, May 2010.
- M. Delrobaei and K. A. McIsaac, “Parking control of a center-articulated mobile robot in presence of measurement noise,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference Robotics Automation and Mechatronics (RAM '10), pp. 453–457, Singapore, June 2010.
- K. R. Castleman, Digital Image Processing, Prentice-Hall, 1996.
- C. Bererton and P. K. Khosla, “Towards a team of robots with reconfiguration and repair capabilities,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '01), pp. 2923–2928, May 2001.