- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 697309, 8 pages
Local Exponential Regulation of Nonholonomic Systems in Approximate Chained Form with Applications to Off-Axle Tractor-Trailers
The Seventh Research Division, BeiHang University, Beijing 100191, China
Received 21 January 2011; Revised 29 April 2011; Accepted 2 June 2011
Academic Editor: G. Muscato
Copyright © 2011 Bao-Li Ma. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Kolmanovsky and N. H. McClamroch, “Developments in nonholonomic control problems,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 20–36, 1995.
- M. Fliess, J. Levine, P. Martin, and P. Rouchon, “Flatness and defect of non-linear systems: introductory theory and examples,” International Journal of Control, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1327–1361, 1995.
- P. Martin and P. Rouchon, “Any (controllable) driftless system with 3 inputs and 5 states is flat,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 167–173, 1995.
- R. W. Brockett, “Asymptotic stability and feedback stabilization,” in Differential Geometric Control Theory, R. W. Brockett, R. S. Millman, and H. J. Sussmann, Eds., pp. 181–191, Birkhauser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1983.
- A. Astolfi, “Discontinuous control of nonholonomic systems,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 37–45, 1996.
- Z. Sun and S. S. Ge, “Nonregular feedback linearization: a nonsmooth approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1772–1776, 2003.
- N. Marchand and M. Alamir, “Discontinuous exponential stabilization of chained form systems,” Automatica, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 343–348, 2003.
- C. Samson, “Control of chained systems application to path following and time-varying point-stabilization of mobile robots,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 64–77, 1995.
- O. J. Sordalen and O. Egeland, “Exponential stabilization of nonholonomic chained systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 35–49, 1995.
- P. Morin and C. Samson, “Control of nonlinear chained systems: from the Routh-Hurwitz stability criterion to time-varying exponential stabilizers,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 141–146, 2000.
- C. Prieur and A. Astolfi, “Robust stabilization of chained systems via hybrid control,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1768–1772, 2003.
- I. Kolmanovsky, M. Reyhanoglu, and N. H. McClamroch, “Switched mode feedback control laws for nonholonomic systems in extended power form,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 29–36, 1996.
- Z. P. Jiang, “Robust exponential regulation of nonholonomic systems with uncertainties,” Automatica, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 189–209, 2000.
- K. D. Do and J. Pan, “Adaptive global stabilization of nonholonomic systems with strong nonlinear drifts,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 195–205, 2002.
- Z. Xi, G. Feng, Z. P. Jiang, and D. Cheng, “A switching algorithm for global exponential stabilization of uncertain chained systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1793–1798, 2003.
- T. Floquet, J. P. Barbot, and W. Perruquetti, “Higher-order sliding mode stabilization for a class of nonholonomic perturbed systems,” Automatica, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1077–1083, 2003.
- E. Valtolina and A. Astolfi, “Local robust regulation of chained systems,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 231–238, 2003.
- D. A. Lizárraga, P. Morin, and C. Samson, “Chained form approximation of a driftless system. Application to the exponential stabilization of the general N-trailer system,” International Journal of Control, vol. 74, no. 16, pp. 1612–1629, 2001.
- H. Date, M. Sampei, M. Ishikawa, and M. Koga, “Simultaneous control of position and orientation for ball-plate manipulation problem based on time-state control form,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 465–479, 2004.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 1996.