- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 890258, 21 pages
Vibration Analysis of Multilink Manipulators Based on Timoshenko Beam Theory
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Innovazione, Università del Salento, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Received 11 October 2010; Revised 6 March 2011; Accepted 7 March 2011
Academic Editor: Danica Kragic
Copyright © 2011 Carmelo di Castri and Arcangelo Messina. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Bellezza, L. Lanari, and G. Ulivi, “Exact modeling of the slewing flexible link,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 734–739, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, May 1999.
- M. W. D. White and G. R. Heppler, “Timoshenko model of a flexible slewing link,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 2815–2819, Seattle, Wash, USA, June 1995.
- Y. Chaolan, H. Jiazhen, and C. Guoping, “Modeling study of a flexible hub-beam system with large motion and with considering the effect of shear deformation,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 295, no. 1-2, pp. 282–293, 2006.
- J. C. Ower and J. Van de Vegte, “Classical control design for a flexible manipulator: modeling and control system design,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 485–489, 1987.
- P. Tomei and A. Tornambe, “Approximate modeling of robots having elastic links,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 831–840, 1988.
- A. De Luca and B. Siciliano, “Closed-form dynamic model of planar multilink lightweight robots,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 826–839, 1991.
- W. Chen, “Dynamic modeling of multi-link flexible robotic manipulators,” Computers and Structures, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 183–195, 2001.
- H. H. Lee, “New dynamic modeling of flexible-link robots,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 307–309, 2005.
- X. Zhang, W. Xu, S. S. Nair, and V. S. Chellaboina, “PDE modeling and control of a flexible two-link manipulator,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 301–312, 2005.
- M. Pascal, “Some Open Problems in Dynamic Analysis of Flexible Multibody Systems,” Multibody System Dynamics, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 315–334, 2001.
- R. I. Milford and S. F. Asokanthan, “Configuration dependent eigenfrequencies for a two-link flexible manipulator: experimental verification,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 222, no. 2, pp. 191–207, 1999.
- C. di Castri, A. Messina, and G. Reina, “Modal analysis of a two link flexible manipulator,” in Proceedings of the RAAD 18th International Workshop of Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region, Brasov, Romania, May 2009.
- S. Timoshenko, Vibration Problems in Engineering, D. Van Nostrand Company, Inc., New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1937.
- K. F. Graff, Wave Motion in Elastic Solids, Dover Publications, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- B. Siciliano and O. Khatib, Springer Handbook of Robotics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- G. R. Cowper, “The shear coefficient in Timoshenko’s beam theory,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 33, pp. 335–340, 1966.
- Simulia, ABAQUS Version 6.6 HTML Documentation, 2006.