- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 103954, 11 pages
A Comparison between Position-Based and Image-Based Dynamic Visual Servoings in the Control of a Translating Parallel Manipulator
1Facoltà di Ingegneria, Università degli Studi e-Campus, 22060 Novedrate, Italy
2Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale e Scienze Matematiche, Università Politecnica delle Marche, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Received 9 November 2011; Accepted 31 January 2012
Academic Editor: Huosheng Hu
Copyright © 2012 G. Palmieri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Hutchinson, G. D. Hager, and P. I. Corke, “A tutorial on visual servo control,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 651–670, 1996.
- P. I. Corke and S. A. Hutchinson, “Real-time vision, tracking and control,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '00), pp. 622–629, April 2000.
- F. Chaumette and S. Hutchinson, “Visual servo control. I. Basic approaches,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 82–90, 2006.
- M. Staniak and C. Zieliński, “Structures of visual servos,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2010.
- P. Martinet, J. Gallice, and D. Khadraoui, “Vision based control law using 3D visual features,” in World Automation Congress, Robotics and Manufacturing Systems (WAC '96), vol. 3, pp. 497–502, 1996.
- W. J. Wilson, C. C. W. Hulls, and G. S. Bell, “Relative end-effector control using cartesian position based visual servoing,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 684–696, 1996.
- N. R. Gans, A. P. Dani, and W. E. Dixon, “Visual servoing to an arbitrary pose with respect to an object given a single known length,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '08), pp. 1261–1267, June 2008.
- L. E. Weiss, A. C. Sanderson, and C. P. Neuman, “Dynamic visual servo control of robots: an adaptive image-based approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 662–668, 1985.
- J. T. Feddema and O. R. Mitchell, “Vision-guided servoing with feature-based trajectory generation,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 691–700, 1989.
- K. Hashimoto, T. Kimoto, T. Ebine, and H. Kimura, “Manipulator control with image-based visual servo,” in Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2267–2271, April 1991.
- Z. Qi and J. E. McInroy, “Improved image based visual servoing with parallel robot,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 359–379, 2008.
- O. Bourquardez, R. Mahony, N. Guenard, F. Chaumette, T. Hamel, and L. Eck, “Image-based visual servo control of the translation kinematics of a quadrotor aerial vehicle,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 743–749, 2009.
- U. Khan, I. Jan, N. Iqbal, and J. Dai, “Uncalibrated eye-in-hand visual servoing: an LMI approach,” Industrial Robot, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 130–138, 2011.
- D. Fioravanti, B. Allotta, and A. Rindi, “Image based visual servoing for robot positioning tasks,” Meccanica, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 291–305, 2008.
- A. De Luca, G. Oriolo, and P. R. Giordano, “Image-based visual servoing schemes for nonholonomic mobile manipulators,” Robotica, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 131–145, 2007.
- F. Chaumette and S. Hutchinson, “Visual servo control. II. Advanced approaches [Tutorial],” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 109–118, 2007.
- N. R. Gans, S. A. Hutchinson, and P. I. Corke, “Performance tests for visual servo control systems with application to partitioned approaches to visual servo control,” International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 22, no. 10-11, pp. 955–981, 2003.
- T. W. Sederberg, “Computer aided geometric design,” BYU, Computer Aided Geometric Design Course Notes, 2011.
- J. W. Choi, R. Curry, and G. Elkaim, “Path planning based on bézier curve for autonomous ground vehicles,” in Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering—IAENG Special Edition of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science (WCECS '08), pp. 158–166, October 2008.
- M. Callegari and M. C. Palpacelli, “Prototype design of a translating parallel robot,” Meccanica, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 133–151, 2008.
- D. C. Brown, “Decentering distortion of lenses,” Photometric Engineering, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 444–462, 1966.
- J. Heikkila and O. Silven, “Four-step camera calibration procedure with implicit image correction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '97), pp. 1106–1112, June 1997.
- R. Y. Tsai, “A versatile camera calibration technique for high accuracy 3D machine vision metrology using off-the-shelf TV cameras and lenses,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 323–344, 1987.
- B. Bishop, S. Hutchinson, and M. Spong, “Camera modelling for visual servo control applications,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 24, no. 5-6, pp. 79–102, 1996.
- Z. Zhang, “A flexible new technique for camera calibration,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1330–1334, 2000.
- O. Faugeras, Three Dimensional Computer Vision: A Geometric Viewpoint, MIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- B. Siciliano and O. Khatib, Springer Handbook of Robotics, Springer, 2008.
- M. Callegari, “Design and prototyping of a spherical parallel machine based on 3-CPU kinematics,” in Parallel Manipulators: New Developments, J.-H. Ryu, Ed., pp. 171–198, I-Tech, 2008.