- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 932305, 9 pages
Survey of Mechatronic Techniques in Modern Machine Design
1School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC 20008, USA
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT 06117, USA
3A. Leon Linton Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI 48188, USA
Received 26 July 2012; Revised 25 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yangmin Li
Copyright © 2012 Devdas Shetty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Li, J. Huang, and H. Tang, “A compliant parallel XY micro-motion stage with complete kinematic decoupling,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 538–553, 2012.
- Y. Yun and Y. Li, “Optimal design of a 3-PUPU parallel robot with compliant hinges for micromanipulation in a cubic workspace,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 977–985, 2011.
- Y. Tang and Y. Li, “The software architecture of a reconfigurable real-time onboard control system for a small UAV helicopter,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots & Ambient Intelligence (URAI '11), pp. 228–233, Songdo Convention, Incheon, Korea, November 2011.
- Y. Tang and Y. Li, “Development of a laboratory HILs testbed system for small UAV helicopters,” in Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Robotics (Robo '11), pp. 428–436, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, November 2011.
- J.-G. Wang and Y. Li, “Hybrid impedance control of a 3-DOF robotic arm used for rehabilitation treatment,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE '10), pp. 768–773, Ontario, Canada, August 2010.
- D. Shetty and R. Kolk, Mechatronic System Design, Thomson Engineering Publications, Toronto, Canada, 1998.
- G. Reinhart and M. Weissenberger, “Multibody simulation of machine tools as mechatronic systems for optimization of motion dynamics in the design process,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM '99), pp. 605–610, Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 1999.
- D. K. Miu, Mechatronics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1993.
- G. Reinhart, M. WeiBenberger, A. Sprenzel, J. Meinlschmidt, and P. Wagner, “Innovative entwicklung von werkzeugmaschinen -methoden und entwicklungswerkzeuge,” in Synergy of Culture and Production, Vol. 1-Holistic Approach To Machine Tool Innovation, H. Y. Ito and E. F. Moritz, Eds., Artefact, Sottrum, Germany, 1997.
- K. Erkorkmaz and Y. Altintas, “High speed contouring control algorithm for CNC machine tools,” in Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, pp. 463–469, November 1998.
- H. S. Cho and M. Y. Kim, “Optomechatronic technology: the characteristics and perspectives,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 932–943, 2005.
- K. Kincade, “Atomic-force microscopy finds new role in the nano world,” Laser Focus World, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 87–91, 2004.
- N. Wakami, H. Nomura, and S. Araki, “Fuzzy logic for home appliances,” in Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks, C. H. Chen, Ed., pp. 21.1–21.23, McGraw- Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- T. J. Krupa, “Optical R&D at the army research laboratory,” Optics and Photonics News, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 16–25, 2000.
- S. D. Robinson, “MEMS technology—micromachines enabling the all optical network,” in Proceedings of the 51st Electronic Components and Technology Conference, pp. 423–428, Orlando, Fla, USA, June 2001.
- K. Tsuruta, Y. Mikuriya, and Y. Ishikawa, “Micro sensor developments in Japan,” Sensor Review, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 37–42, 1999.
- T. V. Higgins, “Optical storage lights the multimedia future,” Laser Focus World, vol. 31, no. 9, p. 103, 1995.
- S. G. Anderson, “Smart cars take the high-tech road,” Laser Focus World, vol. 32, no. 6, p. 117, 1996.
- T. G. McDonald and L. A. Yoder, “Digital micromirror devices make projection displays,” Laser Focus World, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. S5–S8, 1997.
- H. S. Cho, Opto-Mechatronic Systems Handbook: Techniques and Applications, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2003.
- D. A. Bradley, D. Dawson, N. C. Burd, and A. J. Loader, Mechatronics: Electronics in Products and Processes, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1991.
- Y. Altintas, C. Brecher, M. Week, and S. Witt, “Virtual machine tool,” CIRP Annals, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 651–674, 2005.
- H. Van Brussel, P. Sas, I. Németh, P. De Fonseca, and P. Van Den Braembussche, “Towards a mechatronic compiler,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 90–105, 2001.
- M. F. Zaeh, T. Oertli, and J. Milberg, “Finite element modelling of ball screw feed drive systems,” CIRP Annals, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 289–293, 2004.
- G. Pritschow, “On the influence of the velocity gain factor on the path deviation,” CIRP Annals, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 367–371, 1996.
- Y. Altintas and M. Weck, “Chatter stability of metal cutting and grinding,” CIRP Annals, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 619–642, 2004.
- R. Gurbuz, “Mechatronics approach for desk-top CNC milling machine design,” Diffusion and Defect Data B, vol. 144, pp. 175–180, 2009.
- Siemens PLM Software, CHICAGO (IMTS), 2010, http://www.siemens.com/industryautomation.
- B. M. Cleery and N. Mathur, “Right the first time,” Mechanical Engineering, vol. 130, no. 6, pp. 30–34, 2008.
- W. Wong, Muticore Matters with Mechatronic Models Electronic Design, 2008.
- NI LabVIEW-Solid Works mechatronics toolkit, http://www.ni.com/mechatronics/.
- A. Ali, Z. Chen, and J. Lee, “Web-enabled platform for distributed and dynamic decision-making systems,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 38, no. 11-12, pp. 1260–1270, 2008.
- J. Lee, “E-manufacturing-fundamental, tools, and transformation,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 501–507, 2003.