- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Renewable Energy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 368940, 6 pages
Reliability Measures of Second-Order Semi-Markov Chain Applied to Wind Energy Production
1Dipartimento di Farmacia, Università “G. D'Annunzio” di Chieti-Pescara, 66013 Chieti, Italy
2Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche ed Aziendali, Università degli Studi di Cagliari, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
3Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale e dell'Informazione e di Economia, Università degli Studi dell'Aquila, 67100 L'Aquila, Italy
Received 12 September 2012; Revised 26 November 2012; Accepted 7 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shuhui Li
Copyright © 2013 Guglielmo D'Amico et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Shamshad, M. A. Bawadi, W. M. A. Wan Hussin, T. A. Majid, and S. A. M. Sanusi, “First and second order Markov chain models for synthetic generation of wind speed time series,” Energy, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 693–708, 2005.
- H. Nfaoui, H. Essiarab, and A. A. M. Sayigh, “A stochastic Markov chain model for simulating wind speed time series at Tangiers, Morocco,” Renewable Energy, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1407–1418, 2004.
- F. Youcef Ettoumi, H. Sauvageot, and A. E. H. Adane, “Statistical bivariate modelling of wind using first-order Markov chain and Weibull distribution,” Renewable Energy, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1787–1802, 2003.
- A. D. Sahin and Z. Sen, “First-order Markov chain approach to wind speed modelling,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 89, no. 3-4, pp. 263–269, 2001.
- M. C. Torre, P. Poggi, and A. Louche, “Markovian model for studying wind speed time series in Corsica,” International Journal of Renewable Energy Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, p. 3119, 2001.
- G. D'Amico, J. Janssen, and R. Manca, “Semi-Markov reliability models with recurrence times and credit rating applications,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Decision Sciences, vol. 2009, Article ID 625712, 17 pages, 2009.
- G. D'Amico, J. Janssen, and R. Manca, “European and American options: the semi-Markov case,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 15-16, pp. 3181–3194, 2009.
- G. D'Amico, M. Guillen, and R. Manca, “Full backward non-homogeneous semi-Markov processes for disability insurance models: a Catalunya real data application,” Insurance, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 173–179, 2009.
- J. Janssen and R. Manca, Semi-Markov Risk Models for Finance, Insurance and Reliability, Springer, 2007.
- N. Limnios and G. Oprişan, Semi-Markov Processes and Reliability, Statistics for Industry and Technology, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001.
- G. D'Amico and F. Petroni, “A semi-Markov model with memory for price changes,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, no. P12009, 2011.
- G. D'Amico and F. Petroni, “A semi-Markov model for price returns,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 20, pp. 4867–4876, 2012.
- G. D'Amico and F. Petroni, “Weighted-indexed semi-Markov models for modeling financial returns,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, no. P07015, 2012.
- G. D'Amico, F. Petroni, and F. Prattico, “First and second order semi-Markov chains for wind speed modeling,” Physica A. In press.
- V. Barbu, M. Boussemart, and N. Limnios, “Discrete-time semi-Markov model for reliability and survival analysis,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 2833–2868, 2004.
- A. Blasi, J. Janssen, and R. Manca, “Numerical treatment of homogeneous and non-homogeneous semi-Markov reliability models,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 697–714, 2004.
- N. Limnios and G. Oprişan, “An introduction to semi-Markov processes with application to reliability,” in Handbook of Statistics, D. N. Shanbhag and C. R. Rao, Eds., vol. 21, pp. 515–556, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherland, 2003.