- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sensors
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 827969, 6 pages
Wireless Moisture Sensor Using a Microstrip Antenna
Division of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa 920-1192, Japan
Received 1 May 2011; Revised 21 September 2011; Accepted 23 September 2011
Academic Editor: P. Siciliano
Copyright © 2011 Tatsuo Toba and Akio Kitagawa. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. W. Kraszewski, Microwave Aquametry, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 1996.
- R. Cardell-Oliver, M. Kranz, K. Smettem, and K. Mayer, “A reactive soil moisture sensor network: design and field evaluation,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 1, pp. 149–162, 2005.
- K. Khalid, M. M. Ghretli, Z. Abbas, and I. V. Grozescu, “Development of planar microwave moisture sensors for hevea rubber latex and oil palm fruits,” in Proceedings of the International RF and Microwave Conference (RFM '06), pp. 10–15, September 2006.
- M. N. Alam, R. H. Bhuiyan, R. A. Dougal, and M. Ali, “Concrete moisture content measurement using interdigitated near-field sensors,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1243–1248, 2010.
- G. C. Topp, J. L. Davis, and A. P. Annan, “Electromagnetic determination of soil water content using TDR: I. Applications to wetting fronts and steep gradients,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 672–678, 1982.
- M. P. Abegaonkar, R. N. Karekar, and R. C. Aiyer, “A microwave microstrip ring resonator as a moisture sensor for biomaterials: application to wheat grains,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 195–200, 1999.
- H. Xing, J. Li, R. Liu, E. Oshinski, and R. Rogers, “2.4 GHz on-board parallel plate soil moisture sensor system,” in Proceedings of the Sensors for Industry Conference (Sicon '05), pp. 35–38, February 2005.
- D. M. Dobkin and S. M. Weigand, “Environmental effects on RFID tag antennas,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, p. 4, June 2005.
- J. B. Hasted, Aqueous Dielectrics, Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1973.
- H. T. Friis, “A note on a simple transmission formula,” Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 254–256, 1946.
- P. V. Nikitin, K. V.S. Rao, S. F. Lam, V. Pillai, R. Martinez, and H. Heinrich, “Power reflection coefficient analysis for complex impedances in RFID tag design,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2721–2725, 2005.