- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sensors
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 154586, 6 pages
Remote-Time Division Multiplexing of Bending Sensors Using a Broadband Light Source
Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica, Universidad Pública de Navarra, Campus Arrosadia S/N,
Navarra, 31006 Pamplona, Spain
Received 14 February 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editor: Weiqi Jin
Copyright © 2012 Mikel Bravo and Manuel López-Amo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. López-Higuera, “Introduction to fibre optic sensing technology,” in Handbook of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology, pp. 1–23, 2002.
- W. A. Gambling, H. Matsumura, C. M. Ragdale, and R. A. Sammut, “Measurement of radiation loss in curved single-mode fibres,” Microwaves Optics and Acoustics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 134–140, 1978.
- F. J. Arregui, I. R. Matías, C. Bariain, and M. López-Amo, “Experimental design rules for implementing biconically tapered single mode optical fibre displacement sensors,” in European Workshop on Optical Fibre Sensors, vol. 3483 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 164–168, July 1998.
- F. Sienkiewicz and A. Shukla, “A simple fiber-optic sensor for use over a large displacement range,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 293–304, 1997.
- N. M. P. Pinto, O. Frazão, J. M. Baptista, and J. L. Santos, “Quasi-distributed displacement sensor for structural monitoring using a commercial OTDR,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 771–778, 2006.
- M. Bravo, J. Sáenz, M. Bravo-Navas, and M. Lopez-Amo, “Fiber optic sensors for monitoring a concrete beam high strain bending test,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1085–1089, 2012.
- M. Bravo, M. Fernandez-Vallejo, and M. Lopez-Amo, “Hybrid OTDR-fiber laser system for remote sensor multiplexing,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 174–178, 2012.
- H. Renner, “Bending losses of coated single-mode fibers: a simple approach,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 544–551, 1992.
- Q. Wang, G. Farrell, and T. Freir, “Theoretical and experimental investigations of macro-bend losses for standard single mode fibers,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 4476–4484, 2005.
- M. Bravo, A. M. R. Pinto, M. López-Amo, J. Kobelke, and K. Schuster, “High precision micro-displacement fiber sensor through a suspended-core Sagnac interferometer,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 202–204, 2012.
- D. S. Nyce, Linear Position Sensor. Theory and Application, John Wiley & Sons, 2004.