- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sensors
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 414731, 13 pages
MAC-Aware and Power-Aware Image Aggregation Scheme in Wireless Visual Sensor Networks
Department of Information Management, Shih Hsin University, No. 1, Lane 17, Section 1, Mu-Cha Road, Taipei City 116, Taiwan
Received 19 July 2012; Revised 10 January 2013; Accepted 15 January 2013
Academic Editor: Christos Riziotis
Copyright © 2013 Yui-Liang Chen and Hong-Hsu Yen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Soro and W. Heinzelman, “A survey of visual sensor networks,” Advances in Multimedia, vol. 2009, Article ID 640386, 21 pages, 2009.
- H. H. Yen, “Optimization-based channel constrained data aggregation routing algorithms in multi-radio wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 4766–4788, 2009.
- Y. Bai, Feature-based image comparison and its application in wireless visual sensor networks [Ph.D. dissertation], University of Tennessee, 2011.
- D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive image feature from scale-invariant keypoints,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91–110, 2004.
- H. Bay, A. Ess, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Van Gool, “Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF),” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 346–359, 2008.
- H. S. M. Coxeter, Introduction to Geometry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1969.
- F. Y. S. Lin, H. H. Yen, and S. P. Lin, “A novel energy-efficient MAC aware data aggregation routing in wireless sensor networks,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 1518–1533, 2009.
- H. H. Yen, F. Y. S. Lin, and S. P. Lin, “Energy-efficient data-centric routing in wireless sensor Networks,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. 88, pp. 4470–4480, 2005.
- A. Skordas, C. Chirstopoulos, and T. Ebrahimi, “The JPEG 2000 still image compression standard,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 36–58, 2001.
- A. Mammeri, A. Khoumsi, D. Ziou, and B. Hadjou, “Modeling and adapting JPEG to the energy requirements of VSN,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '08), pp. 806–811, August 2008.
- R. Wagner, R. Nowak, and R. Baraniuk, “Distributed image compression for sensor networks using correspondence analysis and super resolution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '03), vol. 1, pp. 597–600, September 2003.
- B. Girod, A. Aaron, S. Raneand, and D. Rebollo-Monedero, “Distributed source coding,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 2005.
- Z. Xiong, A. D. Liveris, and S. Cheng, “Distributed source coding for sensor networks,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 80–94, 2004.
- K. Y. Chow, K. S. Lui, and E. Y. Lam, “Efficient on-demand image transmission in visual sensor networks,” Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2007, Article ID 95076, 11 pages, 2007.
- L. Ferrigno, S. Marano, V. Paciello, and A. Pietrosanto, “Balancing computational and transmission power consumption in wireless image sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference onVirtual Environments, Human-Computer Interfaces, and Measurement Systems (VECIMS '05), pp. 61–66, June 2005.
- C. B. Margi, R. Manduchi, and K. Obraczka, “Energy consumption tradeoffs in visual sensor networks,” in Proceedings of 24th Brazilian Symposium on Computer Networks, June 2006.
- K. Khursheed, M. Imran, M. O'Nils, and N. Lawal, “Exploration of local and central processing for a wireless camera based sensor node,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems (ICSES '10), pp. 147–150, September 2010.
- K. W. Fan, S. Liu, and P. Sinha, “On the potential of structure-free data aggregation in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '06), pp. 1–12, Barcelona, Spain, April 2006.
- S. T. Sheu, Y. Tsai, and J. Chen, “MR2RP: the multi-rate and multi-range routing protocol for IEEE 802.11 ad hoc wireless networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 165–177, 2003.