- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sensors
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 625274, 9 pages
Link Expiration Time-Aware Routing Protocol for UWSNs
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University, Tangail 1902, Bangladesh
2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Received 11 October 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ignacio Matias
Copyright © 2013 Md. Ashraf Uddin and Mamun-or-Rashid. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, D. Pompili, and T. Melodia, “Challenges for efficient communication in underwater acoustic sensor networks,” ACM Sigbed Review, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 3–8, 2004.
- J. Heidemann, Y. Li, A. Syed, J. Wills, and W. Ye, “Underwater sensor networking: research challenges and potential applications,” USC/ISI Technical Report ISI-TR-2005-603, 2005.
- J. A. Rice, “Undersea networked acoustic communication and navigation for autonomous minecountermeasure systems,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Technology and the Mine Problem, 2002.
- L. Guo, P. H. Santschi, M. Baskaran, and A. Zindler, “Distribution of dissolved and particulate in seawater from the gulf of mexico and off cape hatteras as measured by sims,” Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 133, no. 1-2, pp. 117–128, 1995.
- P. Xie, J. H. Cui, and L. Lao, “VBF: vector-based forwarding protocol for underwater sensor networks,” in Networking 2006. Networking Technologies, Services, and Protocols; Performance of Computer and Communication Networks; Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems, vol. 3976, pp. 1216–1221, 2006.
- N. Nicolaou, A. See, P. Xie, J. H. Cui, and D. Maggiorini, “Improving the robustness of location-based routing for underwater sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the OCEANS Europe, pp. 1–6, June 2007.
- N. Chirdchoo, W. S. Soh, and K. C. Chua, “Sector-based routing with destination location prediction for underwatermobile networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA '09), pp. 1148–1153, IEEE Computer Society, May 2009.
- M. C. Domingo and R. Prior, “Design and analysis of a GPS-free routing protocol for underwater wireless sensor networks in deep water,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '07), pp. 215–220, IEEE, October 2007.
- Z. Zhou and J. H. Cui, “Energy efficient multi-path communication for time-critical applications in underwater sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '08), pp. 221–230, May 2008.
- M. Ayaz and A. Abdullah, “Hop-by-hop dynamic addressing based (H2-DAB) routing protocol for underwater wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Multimedia Technology (ICIMT '09), pp. 436–441, Jeju Island, Korea, December 2009.
- H. Yan, Z. Shi, and J. H. Cui, “Dbr: depth-based routing for underwater sensor networks,” in NETWORKING 2008 Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Wireless Networks, Next Generation Internet, vol. 4982 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 72–86.
- W. K. G. Seah and H. X. Tan, “Multipath virtual sink architecture for underwater sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the OCEANS 2006 Asia Pacific Conference, May 2007.
- M. Ayaz, A. Abdullah, I. Faye, and Y. Batira, “An efficient Dynamic Addressing based routing protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 475–486, 2012.
- The Network Simulator NS-2, 2002, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/index.html.