- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 476362, 5 pages
Basal Cell Carcinoma: 10 Years of Experience
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Policlinico Umberto I, 00161 Rome, Italy
Received 27 August 2010; Revised 15 October 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Daniela Massi
Copyright © 2011 Emanuele Cigna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Braun, F. Klumb, C. Girard et al., “Three-dimensional reconstruction of basal cell carcinomas,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 562–566, 2005.
- H. Breuninger and K. Dietz, “Prediction of subclinical tumor infiltration in basal cell carcinoma,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 574–578, 1991.
- J. D. Hendrix and H. L. Parlette, “Duplicitous growth of infiltrative basal cell carcinoma: analysis of clinically undetected tumor extent in a paired case-control study,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 535–539, 1996.
- J. S. Lo, S. N. Snow, G. T. Reizner, F. E. Mohs, P. O. Larson, and G. J. Hruza, “Metastatic basal cell carcinoma: report of twelve cases with a review of the literature,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 715–719, 1991.
- P. T. Ting, R. Kasper, and J. P. Arlette, “Metastatic basal cell carcinoma: report of two cases and literature review,” Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 10–15, 2005.
- M. R. Karagas and E. R. Greenberg, “Unresolved issues in the epidemiology of basal cell and squamous cell skin cancer,” in Skin Cancer: Mechanisms and Human Relevance, H. Mukhtar, Ed., pp. 79–86, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1995.
- V. Madan, J. T. Lear, and R. M. Szeimies, “Non-melanoma skin cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9715, pp. 673–685, 2010.
- Y. Gulleth, N. Goldberg, R. P. Silverman, and B. R. Gastman, “What is the best surgical margin for a Basal cell carcinoma: a meta-analysis of the literature,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 1222–1231, 2010.
- N. W. J. Smeets, D. I. M. Kuijpers, P. Nelemans et al., “Mohs' micrographic surgery for treatment of basal cell carcinoma of the face—results of a retrospective study and review of the literature,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 141–147, 2004.
- R. I. Ceilley and J. Q. Del Rosso, “Current modalities and new advances in the treatment of basal cell carcinoma,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 489–498, 2006.
- F. J. Bath-Hextall, W. Perkins, J. Bong, and H. C. Williams, “Interventions for basal cell carcinoma of the skin,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 1, Article ID CD003412, 2007.
- T. S. Housman, S. R. Feldman, P. M. Williford et al., “Skin cancer is among the most costly of all cancers to treat for the Medicare population,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 425–429, 2003.
- B. Kütting and H. Drexler, “UV-induced skin cancer at workplace and evidence-based prevention,” International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, pp. 1–12, 2010.
- A. Kyrgidis, K. Vahtsevanos, T. G. Tzellos et al., “Clinical, histological and demographic predictors for recurrence and second primary tumours of head and neck basal cell carcinoma. A 1062 patient-cohort study from a tertiary cancer referral hospital,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 276–282, 2010.
- S. Babaye-Nazhad, M. Amirnia, H. Alikhah, E. Khodaeyani, and N. Atapour, “Safety margin in excision of basal cell carcinoma,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 12, no. 21, pp. 1408–1414, 2009.
- T. M. Rünger, “How different wavelengths of the ultraviolet spectrum contribute to skin carcinogenesis: the role of cellular damage responses,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 127, no. 9, pp. 2103–2105, 2007.
- A. J. Ridley, J. R. Whiteside, T. J. McMillan, and S. L. Allinson, “Cellular and sub-cellular responses to UVA in relation to carcinogenesis,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 177–185, 2009.
- J. T. Lear, A. G. Smith, R. C. Strange, and A. A. Fryer, “Detoxifying enzyme genotypes and susceptibility to cutaneous malignancy,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 8–15, 2000.
- J. E. Hooper and M. P. Scott, “Communicating with hedgehogs,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 306–317, 2005.
- Y. Katoh and M. Katoh, “Hedgehog signaling pathway and gastric cancer,” Cancer Biology and Therapy, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 1050–1054, 2005.
- R. Motley, P. Kersey, and C. Lawrence, “Multiprofessional guidelines for the management of the patient with primary cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 85–91, 2003.
- M. J. Veness, “Defining patients with high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 2006.
- K. D. Brantsch, C. Meisner, B. Schönfisch et al., “Analysis of risk factors determining prognosis of cutaneous squamous-cell carcinoma: a prospective study,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 713–720, 2008.
- P. Walker and D. Hill, “Surgical treatment of basal cell carcinomas using standard postoperative histological assessment,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2006.
- D. Marchac, O. Papadopoulos, and G. Duport, “Curative and aesthetic results of surgical treatment f 138 basal-cell carcinomas,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 379–387, 1982.
- R. W. Griffiths, S. K. Suvarna, and J. Stone, “Basal cell carcinoma histological clearance margins: an analysis of 1539 conventionally excised tumours. Wider still and deeper?” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2007.
- N. R. Telfer, G. B. Colver, and C. A. Morton, “Guidelines for the management of basal cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 35–48, 2008.