- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 286480, 6 pages
Treatment of Basal Cell Carcinomas with Pulsed Dye Laser: A Case Series
1Minars Dermatology Skin and Laser Center, 4060C Sheridan Street, Hollywood, FL 33021, USA
2Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, Voluntary Faculty, University of Miami Hospital, 1295 NW, 14th Street, South Building, Suites K-M, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Received 24 August 2012; Revised 22 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Argenziano
Copyright © 2012 Norman Minars and Marianna Blyumin-Karasik. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Arora and J. Attwood, “Common skin cancers and their precursors,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 703–712, 2009.
- E. P. Tierney and C. W. Hanke, “Cost effectiveness of Mohs micrographic surgery: review of the literature,” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 914–922, 2009.
- M. H. Lien and V. K. Sondak, “Nonsurgical treatment options for Basal cell carcinoma,” Journal of Skin Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 571734, 6 pages, 2011.
- S. M. Shah, N. Konnikov, L. M. Duncan, and Z. S. Tannous, “The effect of 595 nm pulsed dye laser on superficial and nodular basal cell carcinomas,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 417–422, 2009.
- P. Campolmi, M. Troiano, P. Bonan, G. Cannarozzo, and T. Lotti, “Vascular based non conventional dye laser treatment for basal cell carcinoma,” Dermatologic Therapy, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 402–405, 2008.
- Z. Tannous, N. Konnikov, and A. Jarell, “Response and one year follow up of basal cell carcinomas treated with pulsed dye laser,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. S22, article 37, 2010.
- H. T. Tran, R. A. Lee, G. Oganesyan, and S. B. Jiang, “Single treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers using a pulsed-dye laser with stacked pulses,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 459–467, 2012.
- N. Konnikov, M. Avram, A. Jarell, and Z. Tannous, “Pulsed dye laser as a novel non-surgical treatment for basal cell carcinomas: response and follow up 12–21 months after treatment,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 72–78, 2011.
- K. P. Allison, M. N. Kiernan, R. A. Waters, and R. M. Clement, “Pulsed dye laser treatment of superficial basal cell carcinoma: realistic or not?” Lasers in Medical Science, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 125–126, 2003.
- C. J. Ballard, M. P. Rivas, M. P. McLeod, S. Choudhary, G. W. Elgart, and K. Nouri, “The pulsed dye laser for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma,” Lasers in Medical Science, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 641–644, 2011.
- O. A. Ibrahimi, F. H. Sakamoto, Z. Tannous, and R. R. Anderson, “755 nm alexandrite laser for the reduction of tumor burden in basal cell Nevus syndrome,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 68–71, 2011.
- K. Moskalik, A. Kozlow, E. Demin, and E. Boiko, “Powerful neodymium laser radiation for the treatment of facial carcinoma: 5 year follow-up data,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 738–742, 2010.