- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 438502, 6 pages
Principles of Periocular Reconstruction following Excision of Cutaneous Malignancy
Division of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, UCSD Department of Ophthalmology, Shiley Eye Center, 9415 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0946, USA
Received 4 August 2012; Revised 18 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Argenziano
Copyright © 2012 Scott M. Hayano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Abdi, N. Tyagi, V. Maheshwari, R. Gogi, and S. P. Tyagi, “Tumours of eyelid: a clinicopathologic study,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 405–418, 1996.
- G. J. Harris and S. C. Logani, “Multiple aesthetic unit flaps for medial canthal reconstruction,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 352–359, 1998.
- G. J. Harris and N. Perez, “Anchored flaps in post-Mohs reconstruction of the lower eyelid, cheek, and lateral canthus: avoiding eyelid distortion,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 5–13, 2003.
- C. Hintschich, “Periocular plastic surgery,” Deutsches Ärzteblatt international, vol. 107, no. 9, pp. 141–146, 2010.
- N. Jowett and A. M. Mlynarek, “Reconstruction of cheek defects: a review of current techniques,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 244–254, 2010.
- A. J. Kaufman, “Periorbital reconstruction with adjacent-tissue skin grafts,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1704–1706, 2005.
- J. A. Khan and V. S. Garden, “Combined flap repair of moderate lower eyelid defects,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 202–204, 2002.
- I. M. J. Mathijssen and J. C. Van Der Meulen, “Guidelines for reconstruction of the eyelids and canthal regions,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 1420–1433, 2010.
- J. R. Patrinely, H. M. Marines, and R. L. Anderson, “Skin flaps in periorbital reconstruction,” Survey of Ophthalmology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 249–261, 1987.
- P. Fogagnolo, G. Colletti, D. Valassina, F. Allevi, and L. Rossetti, “Partial and total lower lid reconstruction: our experience with 41 cases,” Ophthalmologica, vol. 228, no. 4, pp. 239–243, 2012.
- D. O. Kikkawa, B. N. Lemke, and R. K. Dortzbach, “Relations of the superficial musculoaponeurotic system to the orbit and characterization of the orbitomalar ligament,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 77–88, 1996.
- A. Saito, N. Saito, H. Furukawa, et al., “Reconstruction of periorbital defects following malignant tumour excision: a report of 50 cases,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 665–670, 2012.
- W. L. F. Wessels, F. R. Graewe, and P. V. Van Deventer, “Reconstruction of the lower eye lid with a rotation-advancement tarsoconjunctival cheek flap,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1786–1789, 2010.
- P. Wójcicki and M. Zachara, “Surgical treatment of eyelid tumors,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 520–525, 2010.
- H. M. Rosen, “Periorbital basal cell carcinoma requiring ablative craniofacial surgery,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 376–378, 1987.
- Orbit, Eyelids, and Lacrimal System, section 7, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2011.
- D. Paridaens and W. A. van den Bosch, “Orbicularis muscle advancement flap combined with free posterior and anterior lamellar grafts: a 1-stage sandwich technique for eyelid reconstruction,” Ophthalmology, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 189–194, 2008.
- F. Inchingolo, M. Tatullo, F. M. Abenavoli et al., “Upper eyelid reconstruction: a short report of an eyelid defect following a thermal burn,” Head and Face Medicine, vol. 5, no. 1, article 26, 2009.
- J. Ahmad, D. W. Mathes, and K. M. Itani, “Reconstruction of the eyelids after Mohs surgery,” Seminars in Plastic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 306–318, 2008.
- J. R. O. Collin, A manual of Systematic Eyelid Surgery, Elsevier, 3rd edition, 2006.
- N. Subramanian, “Reconstructions of eyelid defects,” Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 5–13, 2011.
- P. H. Bowman, S. W. Fosko, and M. E. Hartstein, “Periocular reconstruction,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 263–272, 2003.
- A. M. Hafez, “Reconstruction of large upper eyelid defect with two composite lid margin grafts,” Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 161–164, 2010.
- B. S. Korn, D. O. Kikkawa, S. R. Cohen, M. Hartstein, and C. C. Annunziata, “Treatment of lower eyelid malposition with dermis fat grafting,” Ophthalmology, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 744–751, 2008.
- A. C. Suryadevara and K. S. Moe, “Reconstruction of eyelid defects,” Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 419–428, 2009.
- B. R. Moody, J. E. McCarthy, J. Linder, and G. J. Hruza, “Enhanced cosmetic outcome with running horizontal mattress sutures,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1313–1316, 2005.