- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 825095, 4 pages
Skin Reactions and Quality of Life after X-Ray Therapy of Basal Cell Carcinoma
1Department of Dermatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen 2400, Denmark
2Research Unit of Clinical Nursing, Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg Hospital, Copenhagen 2400, Denmark
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: S. Ugurel
Copyright © 2012 Jette Skiveren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Birch-Johansen, A. Jensen, L. Mortensen, A. B. Olesen, and S. K. Kjær, “Trends in the incidence of nonmelanoma skin cancer in Denmark 1978–2007: rapid incidence increase among young Danish women,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 127, no. 9, pp. 2190–2198, 2010.
- R. Hulyalkar, T. Rakkhit, and J. Garcia-Zuazaga, “The role of radiation therapy in the management of skin cancers,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 287–296, 2011.
- B. Hernández-Machin, L. Borrego, M. Gil-García, and B. H. Hernández, “Office-based X-ray therapy for cutaneous carcinoma: evaluation of 710 treatments,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 453–459, 2007.
- B. A. Matthews, J. S. Rhee, M. Neuburg, M. L. Burzynski, and A. B. Nattinger, “Development of the facial skin care index: a health-related outcomes index for skin cancer patients,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 924–934, 2006.
- S. Blackford, D. Roberts, M. S. Salek, and A. Finlay, “Basal cell carcinomas cause little handicap,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 191–194, 1996.
- J. S. Rhee, B. A. Matthews, M. Neuburg, T. L. Smith, M. Burzynski, and A. B. Nattinger, “Skin cancer and quality of life: assessment with the dermatology life quality index,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 30, no. 4 I, pp. 525–529, 2004.
- A. Y. Finlay and G. K. Khan, “Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI)—a simple practical measure for routine clinical use,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 210–216, 1994.
- J. Zabora, K. BrintzenhofeSzoc, B. Curbow, C. Hooker, and S. Piantadori, “The prevalence of psychological distress by cancer site,” Psychooncology, vol. 10, pp. 19–28, 2001.
- Y. Hongbo, C. L. Thomas, M. A. Harrison, M. S. Salek, and A. Y. Finlay, “Translating the science of quality of life into practice: what do dermatology life quality index scores mean?” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 659–664, 2005.
- J. D. Cox, J. Stetz, and T. F. Pajak, “Toxicity criteria of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC),” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1341–1346, 1995.
- V. Lewis and A. Y. Finlay, “10 years experience of the Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI),” Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 169–180, 2004.
- J. S. Rhee, B. A. Matthews, M. Neuburg, B. R. Logan, M. Burzynski, and A. B. Nattinger, “Validation of a quality-of-life instrument for patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer,” Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 314–318, 2006.
- J. Steinbauer, M. Koller, E. Kohl, S. Karrer, M. Landthaler, and R. M. Szeimies, “Quality of life in health care of non-melanoma skin cancer—results of a pilot study,” Journal of the German Society of Dermatology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 129–135, 2011.
- D. Burdon-Jones, P. Thomas, and R. Baker, “Quality of life issues in nonmetastatic skin cancer,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 147–151, 2010.
- J. S. Rhee, B. A. Matthews, M. Neuburg, B. R. Logan, M. Burzynski, and A. B. Nattinger, “The skin cancer index: clinical responsiveness and predictors of quality of life,” Laryngoscope, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 2007.
- M. Shah and M. Coates, “An assessment of the quality of life in older patients with skin disease,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 154, no. 1, pp. 150–153, 2006.