- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 943472, 4 pages
Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck Region: An Analysis of 171 Cases
1Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dental Section, Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad 38000, Pakistan
2Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Dental Section, Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad 38000, Pakistan
Received 13 September 2012; Revised 27 November 2012; Accepted 28 November 2012
Academic Editor: M. Lebwohl
Copyright © 2012 Omer Sefvan Janjua and Sana Mehmood Qureshi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Malik, K. S. Goh, S. Leong, A. Tan, D. Downey, and D. O'Donovan, “Risk and outcome analysis of 1832 consecutively excised basal cell carcinoma's in a tertiary referral plastic surgery unit,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 2057–2063, 2010.
- T. Appel, E. Bierhoff, K. Appel, J. J. von Lindern, S. Bergé, and B. Niederhagen, “Predictive variables for the biological behaviour of basal cell carcinoma of the face: relevance of morphometry of the nuclei,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 147–150, 2003.
- J. K. Iwasaki, D. Srivastava, R. L. Moy, H. J. Lin, and D. J. Kouba, “The molecular genetics underlying basal cell carcinoma pathogenesis and links to targeted therapeutics,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. e167–e178, 2012.
- A. Aandani and A. Ganatra, “Incidence of basal cell carcinoma at plastic surgery department of tertiary care hospital in Karachi,” Journal of Surgery Pakistan, vol. 27, pp. 117–120, 2011.
- V. L. Chow, J. Y. Chan, R. C. Chan, J. H. Chung, and W. I. Wei, “Basal cell carcinoma of head and neck region in ethnic Chinese,” International Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 2011, Article ID 890908, 7 pages, 2011.
- C. M. L. J. Tilli, M. A. M. van Steensel, G. A. M. Krekels, H. A. M. Neumann, and F. C. S. Ramaekers, “Molecular aetiology and pathogenesis of basal cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 1108–1124, 2005.
- M. Nakayama, K. Tabuchi, Y. Nakamura, and A. Hara, “Basal cell carcinoma of the head and neck,” Journal of Skin Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 496910, 9 pages, 2011.
- A. Kyrgidis, T. G. Tzellos, N. Kechagias et al., “Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the head and neck: risk factors of overall and recurrence-free survival,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1563–1572, 2010.
- H. Iffat, A. Keen, M. Ahmad, and Q. Masood, “Bazex syndrome—a case report,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 2, pp. 18–20, 2011.
- A. O. G. de Amezaga, O. G. Arregui, S. Z. Nuño, A. A. Sagredo, and J. M. A. Urizar, “Gorlin-Goltz syndrome: clinicopathologic aspects,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. E338–E343, 2008.
- I. Hussain, M. Soni, B. S. Khan, and M. D. Khan, “Basal cell carcinoma presentation, histopathological features and correlation with clinical behavior,” Pakistan Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 27, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- C. Pelucchi, A. di Landro, L. Naldi, and C. la Vecchia, “Risk factors for histological types and anatomic sites of cutaneous basal-cell carcinoma: an Italian case-control study,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 935–944, 2007.
- R. A. Carr, S. M. Taibjee, and D. S. A. Sanders, “Basaloid skin tumours: basal cell carcinoma,” Current Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 252–272, 2007.
- R. W. Griffiths, S. K. Suvarna, and J. Stone, “Basal cell carcinoma histological clearance margins: an analysis of 1539 conventionally excised tumours. Wider still and deeper?” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2007.
- L. Ríos-Buceta, “Management of basal cell carcinomas with positive margins,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliograficas, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 679–687, 2007.
- M. Murphy, M. J. E. Mabruk, P. Lenane et al., “Comparison of the expression of p53, p21, Bax and the induction of apoptosis between patients with basal cell carcinoma and normal controls in response to ultraviolet irradiation,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 829–833, 2002.
- A. Svobodova, D. Walterova, and J. Vostalova, “Ultraviolet light induced alteration to the skin,” Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of the University Palacký, Olomouc, Czechoslovakia, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 25–38, 2006.
- J. Y. Tang, P. L. So, and E. H. Epstein Jr., “Novel Hegdehog pathway targets against basal cell carcinoma,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, vol. 224, pp. 257–264, 2007.
- E. Cigna, M. Tarallo, M. Maruccia, V. Sorvillo, A. Pollastrini, and N. Scuderi, “Basal cell carcinoma: 10 years of experience,” Journal of Skin Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 476362, 2011.
- I. Shah, O. Sefvan, U. Luqman, W. Ibrahim, S. Mehmood, and W. Allamgir, “Clinical stage of oral cancer at the time of initial diagnosis,” Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad, vol. 22, pp. 61–63, 2010.
- R. W. Griffiths, S. K. Suvarna, and J. Stone, “Do basal cell carcinomas recur after complete conventional surgical excision?” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 795–805, 2005.
- K. R. Sherry, L. A. Reid, and A. D. Wilmshurst, “A five year review of basal cell carcinoma excisions,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 1485–1489, 2010.