- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Skin Cancer
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981308, 13 pages
Genome-Wide Analysis of Gene and Protein Expression of Dysplastic Naevus Cells
1Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Einthovenweg 20, 2333 ZC Leiden, The Netherlands
2Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
3Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Received 9 August 2012; Revised 10 October 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Lionel Larue
Copyright © 2012 Linda Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Seykora and D. Elder, “Dysplastic nevi and other risk markers for melanoma,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 682–687, 1996.
- J. S. Schneider, D. H. Moore, and R. W. Sagebiel, “Risk factors for melanoma incidence in prospective follow-up: the importance of atypical (dysplastic) nevi,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 130, no. 8, pp. 1002–1007, 1994.
- M. H. Green, W. H. Clark, and M. A. Tucker, “Acquired precursors of cutaneous malignant melanoma. The familial dysplastic nevus syndrome,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 312, no. 2, pp. 91–97, 1985.
- W. H. Clark, D. E. Elder, and D. Guerry, “A study of tumor progression: the precursor lesions of superficial spreading and nodular melanoma,” Human Pathology, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1147–1165, 1984.
- A. R. Rhodes, Y. Seki, T. B. Fitzpatrick, and R. S. Stern, “Melanosomal alterations in dysplastic melanocytic nevi. A quantitative, ultrastructural investigation,” Cancer, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 358–369, 1988.
- S. Pavel, F. Van Nieuwpoort, H. Van Der Meulen et al., “Disturbed melanin synthesis and chronic oxidative stress in dysplastic naevi,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1423–1430, 2004.
- N. P. M. Smit, F. A. Van Nieuwpoort, L. Marrot et al., “Increased melanogenesis is a risk factor for oxidative DNA damage—study on cultured melanocytes and atypical nevus cells,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 550–555, 2008.
- M. R. Hussein and G. S. Wood, “hMLH1 and hMSH2 gene mutations are present in radial growth-phase cutaneous malignant melanoma cell lines and can be induced further by ulraviolet-B irridiation,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 872–875, 2003.
- M. R. Hussein, “Genetic pathways to melanoma tumorigenesis,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 797–801, 2004.
- R. A. Irizarry, B. Hobbs, F. Collin et al., “Exploration, normalization, and summaries of high density oligonucleotide array probe level data,” Biostatistics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 249–264, 2003.
- G. W. Wright and R. M. Simon, “A random variance model for detection of differential gene expression in small microarray experiments,” Bioinformatics, vol. 19, no. 18, pp. 2448–2455, 2003.
- E. L. Korn, J. F. Troendle, L. M. McShane, and R. Simon, “Controlling the number of false discoveries: application to high-dimensional genomic data,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 379–398, 2004.
- L. M. McShane, M. D. Radmacher, B. Freidlin, R. Yu, M. C. Li, and R. Simon, “Methods for assessing reproducibility of clustering pattens observed in analyses of microarray data,” Bioinformatics, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1462–1469, 2002.
- P. Pavlidis, J. Qin, V. Arango, J. J. Mann, and E. Sibille, “Using the gene ontology for microarray data mining: a comparison of methods and application to age effects in human prefrontal cortex,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1213–1222, 2004.
- I. L. A. Boxman, P. J. Hensbergen, R. C. Van Der Schors, D. P. Bruynzeel, C. P. Tensen, and M. Ponec, “Proteomic analysis of skin irritation reveals the induction of HSP27 by sodium lauryl sulphate in human skin,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 146, no. 5, pp. 777–785, 2002.
- N. Kenmochi, T. Suzuki, T. Uechi et al., “The human mitochondrial ribosomal protein genes: mapping of 54 genes to the chromosomes and implications for human disorders,” Genomics, vol. 77, no. 1-2, pp. 65–70, 2001.
- T. W. O'Brien, “Evolution of a protein-rich mitochondrial ribosome: implications for human genetic disease,” Gene, vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2002.
- A. P. Smith, K. Hoek, and D. Becker, “Whole-genome expression profiling of the melanoma progression pathway reveals marked molecular differences between nevi/melanoma in situ and advanced-stage melanomas,” Cancer Biology and Therapy, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1018–1029, 2005.
- C. Mischiati, P. G. Natali, A. Sereni et al., “cDNA-array profiling of melanomas and paired melanocyte cultures,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 207, no. 3, pp. 697–705, 2006.
- K. Hoek, D. L. Rimm, K. R. Williams et al., “Expression profiling reveals novel pathways in the transformation of melanocytes to melanomas,” Cancer Research, vol. 64, no. 15, pp. 5270–5282, 2004.
- M. Scatolini, M. M. Grand, E. Grosso et al., “Altered molecular pathways in melanocytic lesions,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 126, no. 8, pp. 1869–1881, 2010.
- A. S. Boyd, B. Shakhtour, and Y. Shyr, “Minichromosome maintenance protein expression in benign nevi, dysplastic nevi, melanoma, and cutaneous melanoma metastases,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 750–754, 2008.
- A. Alekseenko, A. Wojas-Pelc, G. J. Lis, A. Furgał-Borzych, G. Surówka, and J. A. Litwin, “Cyclin D1 and D3 expression in melanocytic skin lesions,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 302, no. 7, pp. 545–550, 2010.
- M. Campoli, J. E. Fitzpatrick, W. High, and S. Ferrone, “HLA antigen expression in melanocytic lesions: is acquisition of HLA antigen expression a biomarker of atypical (dysplastic) melanocytes?” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 911–916, 2012.
- E. Hodis, I. R. Watson, G. V. Kryukov et al., “A landscape of driver mutations in melanoma,” Cell, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 251–263, 2012.