- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Spectroscopy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 272069, 12 pages
Vibrational Spectral Studies of Pure and Doped TGSP Crystals
Department of Physics, Karpagam University, Tamilnadu, Coimbatore 641021, India
Received 21 January 2013; Revised 25 March 2013; Accepted 11 April 2013
Academic Editor: Lahcen Bih
Copyright © 2013 N. Kartheeswari and K. Viswanathan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Hoshino, Y. Okaya, and R. Pepsinsky, “Crystal structure of the ferroelectric phase of (Glycine)3·H2SO4,” Physical Review, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 323–330, 1959.
- E. M. Mihaylova and H. J. Byrne, “Raman studies of TGS doped with Nd,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 1919–1925, 2000.
- M. Kay and R. Kliengberg, “The crystal structure of triglycine sulfate,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 1973.
- K. Meera, S. Aravazhi, P. Santhana Raghavan, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth and characterisation of L-tyrosine-doped TGS crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 220–224, 2000.
- H. V. Alexandru, C. Berbecaru, F. Stanculescu, L. Pintile, I. Matei, and M. Lisca, “Doped TGS crystals for IR detection and sensors,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 387–392, 2004.
- A. M. Malyarevich and M. R. Posledovich, “The assignment of lattice vibrations in triglycine sulfate-type crystals,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 375, no. 1-2, pp. 43–51, 1996.
- G. Arunmozhi, S. Lanceros-Méndez, and E. de Matos Gomes, “Antiferroelectric ADP doping in ferroelectric TGS crystals,” Materials Letters, vol. 54, no. 5-6, pp. 329–336, 2002.
- S. Kalainathan, M. B. Margaret, and T. Irusan, “Morphological changes of L-asparagine doped TGS crystal,” Crystal Engineering, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 71–78, 2002.
- D. Jayalakshmi and J. Kumar, “Growth and characterization of l-tryptophan-doped ferroelectric TGS crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 310, no. 7–9, pp. 1497–1500, 2008.
- K. Meera, R. Muralidharan, A. K. Tripathi, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth and characterisation of l-threonine, dl-threonine and l-methionine admixtured TGS crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 263, no. 1–4, pp. 524–531, 2004.
- A. Saxena, V. Gupta, and K. Sreenivas, “Characterization of phosphoric acid doped TGS single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 263, no. 1–4, pp. 192–202, 2004.
- W. Kulita and M. Trybus, “TGS single crystals doped with lysine: new material for IR detectors,” SPIE Proceedings, vol. 5124, 2003.
- K. Meera, R. Muralidharan, P. Santhanaraghavan, R. Gopalakrishnan, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth and characterisation of L-cystine doped TGS crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 226, no. 2-3, pp. 303–312, 2001.
- K. Meera, R. Muralidharan, A. K. Tripathi, R. Dhanasekaran, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth of thiourea-doped TGS crystals and their characterisation,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 260, no. 3-4, pp. 414–421, 2004.
- C. Berbecaru, H. V. Alexandru, L. Pintilie, A. Dutu, B. Logofatu, and R. C. Radulescu, “Doped versus pure TGS crystals,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 118, no. 1–3, pp. 141–146, 2005.
- G. Su, Y. He, H. Yao, Z. Shi, and Q. Wu, “New pyroelectric crystal L-lysine-doped TGS (LLTGS),” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 209, no. 1, pp. 220–222, 2000.
- R. Parimaladevi, C. Sekar, and V. Krishnakumar, “The effect of nitric acid (HNO3) on growth, spectral, thermal and dielectric properties of triglycine sulphate (TGS) crystal,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 617–623, 2010.
- K. Meera, A. Claude, R. Muralidharan, C. K. Choi, and P. Ramasamy, “Growth and characterisation of EDTA-added TGS crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 285, no. 3, pp. 358–364, 2005.
- A. Wojciechowski, I. V. Kityk, G. Lakshminarayana et al., “Laser-induced optical effects in triglycine-zinc chloride single crystals,” Physica B, vol. 405, no. 13, pp. 2827–2830, 2010.
- V. Krishnakumar, S. Sivakumar, R. Nagalakshmi, S. Bhuvaneswari, and M. Rajaboopathi, “Effect of doping an organic molecule ligand on TGS single crystals,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 480–485, 2008.
- T. Bharthasarathi, V. Siva Shankar, R. Jayavel, and P. Murugakoothan, “Growth and characterization of biadmixtured TGS single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 311, no. 4, pp. 1147–1151, 2009.
- R. Muralidharan, R. Mohankumar, P. M. Ushasree, R. Jayavel, and P. Ramasamy, “Effect of rare-earth dopants on the growth and properties of triglycine sulphate single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 234, no. 2-3, pp. 545–550, 2002.
- A. Abu El-Fadl, “Optical properties of TGS crystals doped with metal ions in the vicinity of phase transition,” Physica B, vol. 269, no. 1, pp. 60–68, 1999.
- K. Ćwikiel, B. Fugiel, and M. Mierzwa, “Rigid domain structure in TGS ferroelectric,” Physica B, vol. 293, no. 1-2, pp. 58–66, 2000.
- R. Mohan Kumar, R. Muralidharan, D. Rajan Babu et al., “Growth and characterization of L-lysine doped TGS and TGSP single crystals,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 229, no. 1, pp. 568–573, 2001.
- C. Rai, K. Sreenivas, and S. M. Dharmaprakash, “Improved ferroelectric and pyroelectric parameters in iminodiacetic acid doped TGS crystal,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 312, no. 2, pp. 273–275, 2010.
- C. B. Sawyer and C. H. Tower, “Rochelle salt as a dielectric,” Physical Review, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 269–273, 1930.
- T. Balu, T. R. Rajasekaran, and P. Murugakoothan, “Studies on the growth, structural, optical and mechanical properties of ADP admixtured TGS crystals,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 435–440, 2009.
- M. Dawber, I. Farnan, and J. F. Scott, “A classroom experiment to demonstrate ferroelectric hysteresis,” The American Journal of Physics, vol. 71, no. 8, pp. 819–822, 2003.
- C. S. Ramya, S. Selvasekarapandian, T. Savitha et al., “Conductivity and thermal behavior of proton conducting polymer electrolyte based on poly (N-vinyl pyrrolidone),” European Polymer Journal, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2672–2677, 2006.
- R. Baskaran, S. Selvasekarapandian, N. Kuwata, J. Kawamura, and T. Hattori, “Conductivity and thermal studies of blend polymer electrolytes based on PVAc-PMMA,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 177, no. 26-32, pp. 2679–2682, 2006.
- V. D. Nithya, R. Jacob Immanuel, S. T. Senthilkumar et al., “Studies on the structural, electrical and magnetic properties of LaCrO3, LaCr0.5Cu0.5O3 and LaCr0.5Fe0.5O3 by sol-gel method,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1861–1868, 2012.
- V. D. Nithya and R. Kalai Selvan, “Synthesis, electrical and dielectric properties of FeVO4 nanoparticles,” Physica B, vol. 406, no. 1, pp. 24–29, 2011.