- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Spectroscopy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 797232, 7 pages
Study of Ultraviolet Emission Spectra in ZnO Thin Films
1Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Special Functional Materials, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
2Institute of Optoelectronic Materials and Technology, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, China
Received 7 June 2012; Accepted 21 August 2012
Academic Editor: Vincenza Crupi
Copyright © 2013 Y. M. Lu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. K. Tang, G. K. L. Wong, P. Yu et al., “Room-temperature ultraviolet laser emission from self-assembled ZnO microcrystallite thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 25, pp. 3270–3272, 1998.
- A. Tsukazaki, A. Ohtomo, T. Onuma et al., “Repeated temperature modulation epitaxy for p-type doping and light-emitting diode based on ZnO,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 42–46, 2005.
- Y. R. Ryu, J. A. Lubguban, T. S. Lee et al., “Excitonic ultraviolet lasing in ZnO-based light emitting devices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 13, Article ID 131115, 2007.
- A. F. Kohan, G. Ceder, D. Morgan, and C. G. Van De Walle, “First-principles study of native point defects in ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 22, pp. 15019–15027, 2000.
- A. Janotti and C. G. Van De Walle, “Native point defects in ZnO,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 16, Article ID 165202, 2007.
- N. Y. Garces, N. C. Giles, L. E. Halliburton et al., “Production of nitrogen acceptors in ZnO by thermal annealing,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1334–1336, 2002.
- F. Tuomisto, V. Ranki, K. Saarinen, and D. C. Look, “Evidence of the Zn vacancy acting as the dominant acceptor in n-type ZnO,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 20, Article ID 205502, 2003.
- D. M. Bagnall, Y. F. Chen, M. Y. Shen, Z. Zhu, T. Goto, and T. Yao, “Room temperature excitonic stimulated emission from zinc oxide epilayers grown by plasma-assisted MBE,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 184-185, pp. 605–609, 1998.
- Y. Chen, S. K. Hong, H. J. Ko, M. Nakajima, T. Yao, and Y. Segawa, “Plasma-assisted molecular-beam epitaxy of ZnO epilayers on atomically flat MgAl2O4(111) substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 245–247, 2000.
- D. A. Lucca, D. W. Hamby, M. J. Klopfstein, and G. Cantwell, “Chemomechanical polishing effects on the room temperature photoluminescence of bulk ZnO: exciton-LO phonon interaction,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 229, pp. 845–848, 2002.
- L. Wang and N. C. Giles, “Temperature dependence of the free-exciton transition energy in zinc oxide by photoluminescence excitation spectroscopy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 973–978, 2003.
- Z. K. Tang, M. Kawasaki, A. Ohtomo, H. Koinuma, and Y. Segawa, “Self-assembled ZnO nano-crystals and exciton lasing at room temperature,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 287, no. 1, pp. 169–179, 2006.
- N. Ohashi, T. Ishigaki, N. Okada, T. Sekiguchi, I. Sakaguchi, and H. Haneda, “Effect of hydrogen doping on ultraviolet emission spectra of various types of ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 16, pp. 2869–2871, 2002.
- Q. X. Zhao, M. Willander, R. E. Morjan, Q-H. Hu, and E. E. B. Campbell, “Optical recombination of ZnO nanowires grown on sapphire and Si substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 165–167, 2003.
- X. Wang, H. Iwaki, M. Murakami, X. Du, Y. Ishitani, and A. Yoshikawa, “Molecular beam epitaxy growth of single-domain and high-quality ZnO layers on nitrided (0001) sapphire surface,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. L99–L101, 2003.
- J. Jie, G. Wang, Y. Chen et al., “Synthesis and optical properties of well-aligned ZnO nanorod array on an undoped ZnO film,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 3, Article ID 031909, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- F. X. Xiu, Z. Yang, L. J. Mandalapu, et al., “Donor and acceptor competitions in phosphorus-doped ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, pp. 152116–152118, 2007.
- B. P. Zhang, N. T. Binh, Y. Segawa, K. Wakatsuki, and N. Usami, “Optical properties of ZnO rods formed by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 8, pp. 1635–1637, 2003.
- M. Schirra, R. Schneider, A. Reiser et al., “Stacking fault related 3.31-eV luminescence at 130-meV acceptors in zinc oxide,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 12, Article ID 125215, 2008.
- D. C. Look, D. C. Reynolds, C. W. Litton, R. L. Jones, D. B. Eason, and G. Cantwell, “Characterization of homoepitaxial p-type ZnO grown by molecular beam epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 10, pp. 1830–1832, 2002.
- J. W. Sun, Y. M. Lu, Y. C. Liu et al., “Nitrogen-related recombination mechanisms in p -type ZnO films grown by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 102, no. 4, Article ID 043522, 2007.
- J. D. Ye, S. L. Gu, F. Li et al., “Correlation between carrier recombination and p-type doping in P monodoped and In-P codoped ZnO epilayers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 15, Article ID 152108, 2007.
- T. Nobis, E. M. Kaidashev, A. Rahm, M. Lorenz, J. Lenzner, and M. Grundmann, “Spatially inhomogeneous impurity distribution in ZnO micropillars,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 797–800, 2004.
- Y. R. Ryu, S. Zhu, D. C. Look, J. M. Wrobel, H. M. Jeong, and H. W. White, “Synthesis of p-type ZnO films,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 330–334, 2000.
- H. S. Kang, G. H. Kim, D. L. Kim, H. W. Chang, B. D. Ahn, and S. Y. Lee, “Investigation on the p -type formation mechanism of arsenic doped p -type ZnO thin film,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 18, Article ID 181103, 2006.
- C. Klingshirn, “Luminescence of ZnO under high one- and two-quantum excitation,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 547–556, 1975.
- B. Segall and G. D. Mahan, “Phonon-assisted recombination of free excitons in compound semiconductors,” Physical Review, vol. 171, no. 3, pp. 935–948, 1968.
- S. C. Su, Y. M. Lu, Z. Z. Zhang et al., “Oxygen flux influence on the morphological, structural and optical properties of Zn1−xMgxO thin films grown by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 254, no. 15, pp. 4886–4890, 2008.
- B. K. Meyer, H. Alves, D. M. Hofmann et al., “Bound exciton and donor-acceptor pair recombinations in ZnO,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 241, no. 2, pp. 231–260, 2004.
- D. C. Look, “Electrical and optical properties of p-type ZnO,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. S55–S61, 2005.
- L. Wang and N. C. Giles, “Determination of the ionization energy of nitrogen acceptors in zinc oxide using photoluminescence spectroscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 16, pp. 3049–3051, 2004.
- D. C. Look, K. D. Leedy, D. H. Tomich, and B. Bayraktaroglu, “Mobility analysis of highly conducting thin films: application to ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 6, Article ID 062102, 2010.