- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Spectroscopy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 841409, 11 pages
Inclusion Complexes of Sunscreen Agents with β-Cyclodextrin: Spectroscopic and Molecular Modeling Studies
1Department of Chemistry, College of Science, United Arab Emirates University, P.O. Box 15551, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE
2Department of Applied Chemical Sciences, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
3Alfa Chemical Manufacturing Co., P.O. Box 1880, Amman 11118, Jordan
Received 21 January 2013; Revised 1 April 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editor: Alaa Eldin Salem
Copyright © 2013 Nathir A. F. Al-Rawashdeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Bender and M. Komiyama, Cyclodextrin Chemistry, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1978.
- H. Dodziuk, Cyclodextrins and Their Complexes: Chemistry, Analytical Methods, Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2006.
- J. Szejtli, “Introduction and general overview of cyclodextrin chemistry,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 1743–1753, 1998.
- D. Duchêne, Cyclodextrins and Their Industrial Uses, De Santé, Paris, France, 1987.
- S. Z. Lin, D. Wouessidjewe, M. C. Poelman, and D. Duchêne, “Indomethacin and cyclodextrin complexes,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 211–219, 1991.
- A. D. Bani-Yaseen, N. F. Al-Rawashdeh, and I. Al-Momani, “Influence of inclusion complexation with β-cyclodextrin on the photostability of selected imidazoline-derived drugs,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 63, no. 1-2, pp. 109–115, 2009.
- A. A. Dawoud and N. Al-Rawashdeh, “Spectrofluorometric, thermal, and molecular mechanics studies of the inclusion complexation of selected imidazoline-derived drugs with β-cyclodextrin in aqueous media,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 3-4, pp. 293–301, 2008.
- N. A. F. Al-Rawashdeh, “Interactions of nabumetone with γ-cyclodextrin studied by fluorescence measurements,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 27–32, 2005.
- N. A. F. Al-Rawashdeh, I. A. Abu-Yousef, and S. M. Kanan, “Cyclic voltammetry study of asymmetrical trityl di- and trisulfides on coated and bare gold electrodes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 17, pp. 7062–7068, 2008.
- N. A. F. Al-Rawashdeh, A. M. Al-Ajlouni, S. B. Bukallah, and N. Bataineh, “Activation of H2O2 by methyltrioxorhenium(VII) inside b-cyclodextrin,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 3-4, pp. 471–480, 2011.
- G. Cravotto, A. Binello, E. Baranelli, P. Carraro, and F. Trotta, “Cyclodextrins as food additives and in food processing,” Current Nutrition and Food Science, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 343–350, 2006.
- T. Loftsson and D. Duchêne, “Cyclodextrins and their pharmaceutical applications,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 329, pp. 1–11, 2007.
- D. L. Kirschner, M. Jaramillo, and T. K. Green, “Enantioseparation and stacking of cyanobenz[f]isoindole-amino acids by reverse polarity capillary electrophoresis and sulfated β-cyclodextrin,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 736–743, 2007.
- G. S. Yang, D. M. Chen, Y. Yang et al., “Enantioseparation of some clinically used drugs by capillary electrophoresis using sulfated β-cyclodextrin as a chiral selector,” Chromatographia, vol. 62, no. 7-8, pp. 441–445, 2005.
- W. H. Henley, R. T. Wilburn, A. M. Crouch, and J. W. Jorgenson, “Flow counterbalanced capillary electrophoresis using packed capillary columns: resolution of enantiomers and isotopomers,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 77, no. 21, pp. 7024–7031, 2005.
- D. Wistuba, J. Kang, and V. Schurig, “Chiral separation by capillary electrochromatography using cyclodextrin phases,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 243, pp. 401–409, 2004.
- V. Pino, A. W. Lantz, J. L. Anderson, A. Berthod, and D. W. Armstrong, “Theory and use of the pseudophase model in gas-liquid chromatographic enantiomeric separations,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 113–119, 2006.
- Q. Zhong, L. He, T. E. Beesley et al., “Development of dinitrophenylated cyclodextrin derivatives for enhanced enantiomeric separations by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1115, no. 1-2, pp. 19–45, 2006.
- M. Singh, R. Sharma, and U. C. Banerjee, “Biotechnological applications of cyclodextrins,” Biotechnology Advances, vol. 20, no. 5-6, pp. 341–359, 2002.
- Q. Qi and W. Zimmermann, “Cyclodextrin glucanotransferase: from gene to applications,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 475–485, 2005.
- N. A. F. Al-Rawashdeh, K. S. Al-Sadeh, and M. B. Al-Bitar, “Physicochemical study on microencapsulation of hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin in dermal preparations,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 688–697, 2010.
- M. Motwani and J. Zatz, “Applications of cyclodextrins in skin products,” Cosmetics & Toiletries, vol. 112, pp. 39–47, 1997.
- E. Kurul and S. Hekimoglu, “Skin permeation of two different benzophenone derivatives from various vehicles,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 211–218, 2001.
- S. Scalia, A. Casolari, A. Iaconinoto, and S. Simeoni, “Comparative studies of the influence of cyclodextrins on the stability of the sunscreen agent, 2-ethylhexyl-p-methoxycinnamate,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1181–1189, 2002.
- K. B. Lipkowit, “Applications of computational chemistry to the Study of Cyclodextrins,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 98, pp. 1829–1874, 1998.
- E. A. Castro and D. A. J. Barbiric, “Molecular modeling and cyclodextrins: a relationship strengthened by complexes,” Current Organic Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 715–729, 2006.
- D. Thompson and J. A. Larsson, “Modeling competitive guest binding to β-cyclodextrin molecular printboards,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 33, pp. 16640–16645, 2006.
- K. Harata, “The structure of the cyclodextrin complexes. XIII. Crystal structure of b cyclodextrin-1, 4-diazabicyclo[1. 2.2] octane complex tridecahydrate,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 55, pp. 2315–2320, 1982.
- S. Pattanaargson, T. Munhapol, P. Hirunsupachot, and P. Luangthongaram, “Photoisomerization of octyl methoxycinnamate,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 161, no. 2-3, pp. 269–274, 2004.
- S. Pattanaargson and P. Limphong, “Stability of octyl methoxycinnamate and identification of its photo-degradation product,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 153–160, 2001.
- F. Trotta, M. Zanetti, and G. Camino, “Thermal degradation of cyclodextrins,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 373–379, 2000.
- F. Giordano, C. Novak, and J. R. Moyano, “Thermal analysis of cyclodextrins and their inclusion compounds,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 380, no. 2, pp. 123–151, 2001.
- S. Kohata, K. Jyodoi, and A. Ohyoshi, “Thermal decomposition of cyclodextrins (α-, β-, γ-, and modified β-CyD) and of metal-(β-CyD) complexes in the solid phase,” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 217, pp. 187–198, 1993.
- M. K. Ghorab and M. C. Adeyeye, “Elucidation of solution state complexation in wet-granulated oven-dried ibuprofen and β-cyclodextrin: FT-IR and 1H-NMR studies,” Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 315–324, 2001.
- T. Loftsson and M. Masson, “Cyclodextrins in topical drug formulations: theory and practice,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 225, no. 1-2, pp. 15–30, 2001.