- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 264093, 7 pages
Adverse Psychosexual Impact Related to the Treatment of Genital Warts and Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine of Santa Casa de São Paulo, Avenida Rebouças 1511, ap. 142, Jd. América, 05401-200 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Federal University of Campinas, Brazil
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Federal Fluminense University, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Received 4 November 2012; Revised 12 February 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: John De Wit
Copyright © 2013 Adriana Bittencourt Campaner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Koupidis, E. Nicolaidou, M. Hadjivassiliou et al., “Health related quality of life in patients with anogenital warts,” Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, vol. 9, article 67, 2011.
- M. Arbyn, M. Sideri, J. Palefsky et al., “EUROGIN 2011 roadmap on prevention and treatment of HPV-related disease,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 131, no. 9, pp. 1969–1982, 2012.
- L. Bruni, M. Diaz, X. Castellsagué, E. Ferrer, F. X. Bosch, and S. De Sanjosé, “Cervical human papillomavirus prevalence in 5 continents: meta-analysis of 1 million women with normal cytological findings,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 202, no. 12, pp. 1789–1799, 2010.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 59, 2010, http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/STD-Treatment-2010-RR5912.pdf.
- P. E. Gravitt, “The known unknowns of HPV natural history,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 4593–4599, 2011.
- M. A. Stanley, “Genital human papillomavirus infections: current and prospective therapies,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 681–691, 2012.
- A. Graziottin and A. Serafini, “HPV infection in women: psychosexual impact of genital warts and intraepithelial lesions,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 633–645, 2009.
- C. H. N. Abdo, “Elaboração e validação do quociente sexual-Versão feminina: Uma escala para avaliar a função sexual da mulher,” Revista Brasileira de Medicina, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 477–482, 2006.
- T. Maggino, D. Casadei, E. Panontin et al., “Impact of an HPV diagnosis on the quality of life in young women,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 107, no. 1, supplement 1, pp. S175–S179, 2007.
- L. T. Chow, T. R. Broker, and B. M. Steinberg, “The natural history of human papillomavirus infections of the mucosal epithelia,” APMIS, vol. 118, no. 6-7, pp. 422–449, 2010.
- R. P. Insinga, G. Perez, C. M. Wheeler et al., “Incidence, duration, and reappearance of type-specific cervical human papillomavirus infections in young women,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1585–1594, 2010.
- C. Marra, G. Ogilvie, L. Gastonguay, L. Colley, D. Taylor, and F. Marra, “Patients with genital warts have a decreased quality of life,” Sexually Transmitted Diseases, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 258–260, 2009.
- K. J. McCaffery, L. Irwig, R. Turner et al., “Psychosocial outcomes of three triage methods for the management of borderline abnormal cervical smears: an open randomised trial,” BMJ, vol. 340, no. 7744, p. 460, 2010.
- K. L. Wang, C. J. Jeng, Y. C. Yang et al., “The psychological impact of illness among women experiencing human papillomavirus-related illness or screening interventions,” Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 16–23, 2010.
- M. Sénécal, M. Brisson, A. Ferenczy et al., “Loss of quality of life associated with genital warts: baseline analyses from a prospective study,” Sexually Transmitted Infections, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 209–215, 2011.