- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Toxicology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 487074, 9 pages
Oxidative Stress and Air Pollution Exposure
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Received 15 December 2010; Revised 10 May 2011; Accepted 30 June 2011
Academic Editor: Susan Sumner
Copyright © 2011 Maura Lodovici and Elisabetta Bigagli. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [28 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bruna De Felice, Carmine Nappi, Brunella Zizolfi, Marco Guida, Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo, Giuseppe Bifulco, and Maurizio Guida, “Telomere shortening in women resident close to waste landfill sites,” Gene, vol. 500, no. 1, pp. 101–106, 2012.
- Denis Dieme, Mathilde Cabral-Ndior, Guillaume Garçon, Anthony Verdin, Sylvain Billet, Fabrice Cazier, Dominique Courcot, Amadou Diouf, and Pirouz Shirali, “Relationship between physicochemical characterization and toxicity of fine particulate matter (PM2.5) collected in Dakar city (Senegal),” Environmental Research, vol. 113, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Zoran D. Ristovski, Branka Miljevic, Nicholas C. Surawski, Lidia Morawska, Kwun M. Fong, Felicia Goh, and Ian A. Yang, “Respiratory health effects of diesel particulate matter,” Respirology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 201–212, 2012.
- Christine T. Cowie, Nectarios Rose, Wafaa Ezz, Wei Xuan, Adriana Cortes-Waterman, Elena Belousova, Brett G. Toelle, Vicky Sheppeard, and Guy B. Marks, “Respiratory Health before and after the Opening of a Road Traffic Tunnel: A Planned Evaluation,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 11, 2012.
- Karine Andreau, Melanie Leroux, and Aida Bouharrour, “Health and Cellular Impacts of Air Pollutants: From Cytoprotection to Cytotoxicity,” Biochemistry Research International, vol. 2012, pp. 1–18, 2012.
- Riccardo Torosantucci, Christian Schöneich, and Wim Jiskoot, “Oxidation of Therapeutic Proteins and Peptides: Structural and Biological Consequences,” Pharmaceutical Research, 2013.
- L. Hoinaski, D. Franco, R. M. Stuetz, E. C. Sivret, and H. de Melo Lisboa, “ Investigation of PM 10 sources in Santa Catarina, Brazil through graphical interpretation analysis combined with receptor modelling ,” Environmental Technology, vol. 34, no. 17, pp. 2453–2463, 2013.
- Mihai Roca, Alessia Verduri, Lorenzo Corbetta, Enrico Clini, Leonardo M. Fabbri, and Bianca Beghe, “Mechanisms of acute exacerbation of respiratory symptoms in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,” European Journal Of Clinical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 510–521, 2013.
- Hui Hu, Amy B. Dailey, Haidong Kan, and Xiaohui Xu, “The effect of atmospheric particulate matter on survival of breast cancer among US females,” Breast Cancer Research And Treatment, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 217–226, 2013.
- Laura Boublil, Emeline Assémat, Marie-Caroline Borot, Sonja Boland, Laurent Martinon, Jean Sciare, and Armelle Baeza-Squiban, “Development of a repeated exposure protocol of human bronchial epithelium in vitro to study the long-term effects of atmospheric particles,” Toxicology in Vitro, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 533–542, 2013.
- Morteza A. Khafaie, Sundeep S. Salvi, Ajay Ojha, Behzad Khafaie, Sharad S. Gore, and Chittaranjan S. Yajnik, “Systemic Inflammation (C-Reactive Protein) in Type 2 Diabetic Patients Is Associated With Ambient Air Pollution in Pune City, India,” Diabetes Care, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 625–630, 2013.
- Qiang Huo, Ning Zhang, Xiaolong Wang, Liyu Jiang, Tingting Ma, and Qifeng Yang, “Effects of Ambient Particulate Matter on Human Breast Cancer: Is Xenogenesis Responsible?,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Natalia Brucker, Angela M. Moro, Mariele F. Charao, Juliano Durgante, Fernando Freitas, Marilia Baierle, Sabrina Nascimento, Bruna Gauer, Rachel P. Bulcao, Guilherme B. Bubols, Pedro D. Ferrari, Flavia V. Thiesen, Adriana Gioda, Marta M. M. F. Duarte, Iran de Castro, Paulo H. Saldiva, and Solange C. Garcia, “Biomarkers of occupational exposure to air pollution, inflammation and oxidative damage in taxi drivers,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 463, pp. 884–893, 2013.
- Jicheng Gong, Tong Zhu, Howard Kipen, Guangfa Wang, Min Hu, Pamela Ohman-Strickland, Shou-En Lu, Lin Zhang, Yuedan Wang, Ping Zhu, David Q Rich, Scott R Diehl, Wei Huang, and Junfeng (Jim) Zhang, “Malondialdehyde in exhaled breath condensate and urine as a biomarker of air pollution induced oxidative stress,” Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 322–327, 2013.
- Hyang-Min Byun, Valeria Motta, Andrea A. Baccarelli, Lifang Hou, Pietro Apostoli, Tommaso Panni, Francesco Nordio, and Pier Alberto Bertazzi, “Effects of airborne pollutants on mitochondrial DNA Methylation,” Particle And Fibre Toxicology, vol. 10, 2013.
- Michal Kicinski, Frans Fierens, Michelle Plusquin, Wilfried Gyselaers, Lode Godderis, Joris Penders, Bram G. Janssen, Katrien Poels, Tim S. Nawrot, Nicky Pieters, and Ann Cuypers, “Placental DNA hypomethylation in association with particulate air pollution in early life,” Particle And Fibre Toxicology, vol. 10, 2013.
- Amrit Singh, Masatsugu Yamamoto, Francesco Sava, Christopher Carlsten, Mandy Pui, and Scott J. Tebbutt, “MicroRNA Expression in Response to Controlled Exposure to Diesel Exhaust: Attenuation by the Antioxidant N-Acetylcysteine in a Randomized Crossover Study,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 121, no. 6, pp. 670–675, 2013.
- D. Berdel, C-P Bauer, J. Heinrich, B. Hoffmann, A. von Berg, E. Thiering, J. Cyrys, C. Meisinger, S. Koletzko, and J. Kratzsch, “Long-term exposure to traffic-related air pollution and insulin resistance in children: results from the GINIplus and LISAplus birth cohorts,” Diabetologia, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1696–1704, 2013.
- Margaret T. Hicken, J. Timothy Dvonch, Amy J. Schulz, Graciela Mentz, and Paul Max, “Fine particulate matter air pollution and blood pressure: The modifying role of psychosocial stress,” Environmental Research, vol. 133, pp. 195–203, 2014.
- Jie Hong, Xiaohong Yu, Xiaoyu Pan, Xiaoyang Zhao, Lei Sheng, Xuezi Sang, Anan Lin, Chi Zhang, Yue Zhao, Suxin Gui, Qingqing Sun, Ling Wang, and Fashui Hong, “Pulmonary Toxicity in Mice Following Exposure to Cerium Chloride,” Biological Trace Element Research, vol. 159, no. 1-3, pp. 269–277, 2014.
- Michael Xiao, Albert V. Helsing, Philip M. Lynch, Atif El-Naggar, Melissa M. Alegre, Richard A. Robison, and Kim L. O’Neill, “DNA damage caused by inorganic particulate matter on Raji and HepG2 cell lines exposed to ultraviolet radiation,” Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 2014.
- Hong Kan, Zhongxin Wu, Yen-Chang Lin, Teh-Hsun Chen, Jared L. Cumpston, Michael L. Kashon, Steve Leonard, Albert E. Munson, and Vincent Castranova, “The role of nodose ganglia in the regulation of cardiovascular function following pulmonary exposure to ultrafine titanium dioxide,” Nanotoxicology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 447–454, 2014.
- Ian W.H. Jarvis, Kristian Dreij, Åse Mattsson, Bengt Jernström, and Ulla Stenius, “Interactions between polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in complex mixtures and implications for cancer risk assessment,” Toxicology, 2014.
- Luca Alessandria, Tiziana Schiliro, Raffaella Degan, Deborah Traversi, and Giorgio Gilli, “Cytotoxic response in human lung epithelial cells and ion characteristics of urban-air particles from Torino, a northern Italian city,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 5554–5564, 2014.
- Zana Sijan, Dagmara S. Antkiewicz, Jongbae Heo, Norman Y. Kado, James J. Schauer, Constantinos Sioutas, and Martin M. Shafer, “ An In Vitro alveolar macrophage assay for the assessment of inflammatory cytokine expression induced by atmospheric particulate matter ,” Environmental Toxicology, 2014.
- Krzysztof Rutkowski, Pawel Sowa, Joanna Rutkowska-Talipska, Stanislaw Sulkowski, and Ryszard Rutkowski, “Allergic diseases: the price of civilisational progress,” Postepy Dermatologii I Alergologii, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 77–83, 2014.
- Lucio G. Costa, Toby B. Cole, Jacki Coburn, Yu-Chi Chang, Khoi Dao, and Pamela Roque, “Neurotoxicants Are in the Air: Convergence of Human, Animal, and In Vitro Studies on the Effects of Air Pollution on the Brain,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Ulrich Franck, Arne Marian Leitte, and Peter Suppan, “Multifactorial airborne exposures and respiratory hospital admissions — The example of Santiago de Chile,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 502, pp. 114–121, 2015.