- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Toxicology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 270651, 7 pages
Measurement of Redox Potential in Nanoecotoxicological Investigations
1Nanoanalysis Group, National Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 0LW, UK
2Advanced Engineered Materials Group, National Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 0LW, UK
Received 15 July 2011; Revised 7 September 2011; Accepted 8 September 2011
Academic Editor: Christian Gagnon
Copyright © 2012 Ratna Tantra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Aschberger, C. Micheletti, B. Sokull-Klüttgen, and F. M. Christensen, “Analysis of currently available data for characterising the risk of engineered nanomaterials to the environment and human health—lessons learned from four case studies,” Environment International, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1143–1156, 2011.
- K. W. Powers, S. C. Brown, V. B. Krishna, S. C. Wasdo, B. M. Moudgil, and S. M. Roberts, “Research strategies for safety evaluation of nanomaterials. Part VI. Characterization of nanoscale particles for toxicological evaluation,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 296–303, 2006.
- R. Tantra, S. Jing, S. K. Pichaimuthu, N. Walker, J. Noble, and V. A. Hackley, “Dispersion stability of nanoparticles in ecotoxicological investigations: the need for adequate measurement tools,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 3765–3780, 2011.
- R. Tantra, D. Gohil, S. Kaliyappan, and S. Jing, “Nanoparticle characterisation for ecotoxicological studies using imaging versus non-imaging based tools,” The International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 1–14, 2010.
- J. R. Lead and E. Smith, Environmental and Human Health Impacts of Nanotechnology, Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- J Schüring, H. D. Schulz, W. R. Fischer, J. Böttcher, and D. Schüring, Redox: Fundamentals, Processes and Applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- E. Burello and A. P. Worth, “A theoretical framework for predicting the oxidative stress potential of oxide nanoparticles,” Nanotoxicology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 228–235, 2011.
- S. S. Judd and T. Stephenson, Process Science and Engineering for Water and Wastewater Treatment, IWA Publishing, 2002.
- W. D. Weight, Hydrogeology Field Manual, Mcgraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 2008.
- ENV/JM/MONO, “Ref: no. 27–46 list of manufactured nanomaterials and list of endpoints for phase one of the sponsorship programme for the testing of manufactured nanomaterials: revision,” 2010, http://www.oecd.org/document/53/0,3746,en_2649_37015404_37760309_1_1_1_1,00.html.
- N. J. Rogers, N. M. Franklin, S. C. Apte et al., “Physico-chemical behaviour and algal toxicity of nanoparticulate CeO2 in freshwater,” Environmental Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 50–60, 2010.
- C. M. Bethke, Geochemical and Biogeochemical Reaction Modeling, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- R. Tantra, P. Schulze, and P. Quincey, “Effect of nanoparticle concentration on zeta-potential measurement results and reproducibility,” Particuology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 279–285, 2010.
- W. J. Sutherland, Ecological Census Techniques: A Handbook, Cambridge University Press, 2nd edition, 2006.
- V. Shah, Emerging Environmental Technologies, Springer, 2008.
- H. J. G. Baretta-Bekker, E. K. Duursma, and B. R. Kuipers, Encyclopedia of Marine Sciences, Springer, 2nd edition, 2002.
- E. E. Kissa, Dispersions: Characterization, Testing, and Measurement, CRC Press, 1999.
- G. Yang, S. Cook, R. J. Hand, and G. Möbus, “CeO2 nano-precipitation in borosilicate glasses: a redox study using EELS,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 831–838, 2010.