- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Textiles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 214706, 4 pages
Colour Fading of Textile Fabric by Plasma Treatment
Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon 852, Hong Kong
Received 13 November 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Phillip W. Gibson
Copyright © 2013 H. F. Cheung et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Card, M. A. Moore, and M. Ankeny, “Performance of garment washed denim blue jeans,” AATCC Review, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 23–27, 2005.
- M. Sariisik, “Use of cellulases and their effects on denim fabric properties,” AATCC Review, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 24–29, 2004.
- A. Cavaco-Paulo, “Mechanism of cellulase action in textile processes,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 273–277, 1998.
- N. Ozdil, E. Ozdooan, and T. Oktem, “Effects of enzymatic treatment on various spun yarn fabrics,” Fibres and Textiles in Eastern Europe, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 58–61, 2003.
- R. Mori, T. Haga, and T. Takagishi, “Bending and shear properties of cotton fabrics subjected to cellulase treatment,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 69, no. 10, pp. 742–746, 1999.
- A. S. Aly, A. B. Moustafa, and A. Hebeish, “Bio-technological treatment of cellulosic textiles,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 697–705, 2004.
- C. Q. Yang, W. Zhou, G. C. Lickfield, and K. Parachura, “Cellulase treatment of durable press finished cotton fabric: effects on fabric strength, abrasion resistance, and handle,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 1057–1062, 2003.
- A. Cavaco-Paulo and M. Jose Rios, “Mechanical properties of cellulase-treated fabrics analyzed,” American Dyestuff Reporter, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 20–28, 1997.
- M. Montazer and A. S. Maryan, “Application of laccases with cellulases on denim for clean effluent and repeatable biowashing,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 110, no. 5, pp. 3121–3129, 2008.
- W. Rakowski, “Plasma treatment of wool today. Part 1: fibre properties, spinning and shrinkproofing,” Journal of the Society of Dyers and Colourists, vol. 113, no. 9, pp. 250–255, 1997.
- M. Ghoranneviss, B. Moazzenchi, S. Shahidi, A. Anvari, and A. Rashidi, “Decolorization of denim fabrics with cold plasmas in the presence of magnetic fields,” Plasma Processes and Polymers, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 316–321, 2006.
- B. Dhurai and V. Natarajan, “Effect of enzyme softening of cotton hosiery yarns on knittability and dimensional properties of weft knitted fabrics,” Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 241–247, 2007.
- C. W. Kan, C. W. M. Yuen, S. Q. Jiang, W. S. Tung, and S. Y. Cheng, “Influence of enzymatic treatment on the properties of linen,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 286–289, 2007.
- K. J. Vishnu Vardhini and N. Selvakumar, “Biopolishing enzymes and their influence on the properties of cotton materials—a review,” Colourage, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 45–52, 2006.
- C. W. Kan, C. W. M. Yuen, and W. Y. Tsoi, “Using atmospheric pressure plasma for enhancing the deposition of printing paste on cotton fabric for digital ink-jet printing,” Cellulose, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 827–839, 2011.
- C. W. Kan and W. Y. Wong, “Color properties of cellulase-treated cotton denim fabric manufactured by torque-free ring spun yarn,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 81, no. 9, pp. 875–882, 2011.