- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Textiles
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 216293, 8 pages
Moisture Transport for Reaction Enhancement in Fabrics
1U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center, Natick, MA 01760, USA
2Stedfast, Inc., Granby, QC, Canada J2G 3Y3
3Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 01239, USA
Received 8 November 2012; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Sambandam Anandan
Copyright © 2013 Phillip Gibson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Narang and S. Ventura, “Immobilized 4-dialkylaminopyridines: supernucleophilic chemical decontaminating agents,” US Army Research Office Technical Report 23208.1-CH, 1987, http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA190999.
- S. Narang, S. Ventura, and R. Ramharack, “Polymeric dialkylaminopyridines as dupernucleophilic catalysts,” in Chemical Reactions on Polymers, vol. 364 of ACS Symposium Series, chapter 6, pp. 72–80, 1988.
- S. Wang, L. Bromberg, H. Schreuder-Gibson, and T. Hatton, “Catalysis of organophophorous ester degradation by chromium (III) terephthlatalate (MIL-101) metal organic framework chelated to N, N-dimethylaminopyridine and related aminopyridines,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1269–1278, 2013.
- P. Gibson and H. Schreuder-Gibson, “Influence of hydration state on permeation testing and vapor transport properties of protective clothing layers,” Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, vol. 4, no. 4b, pp. 11–20, 2009.
- J. Andzelm, J. Walker, H. Schreuder-Gibson, and P. Gibson, “Interaction of water and DFP with PVA-Am/PEI polymer blends,” in Proceedings of the Chemical and Biological Defense Physical Science and Technology Conference, Dallas, Tex, USA, November 2009.
- H. Schreuder-Gibson, J. Walker, J. Owens et al., “The role of water in the deactivation of chemical and biological agents within fabrics,” in Proceedings of the Chemical and Biological Defense Physical Science and Technology Conference, New Orleans, La, USA, November 2008.
- P. Gibson, “Water-repellent treatment on military uniform fabrics: physiological and comfort implications,” Journal of Industrial Textiles, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 43–54, 2008.
- P. Dolhan, “A comparison of apparatus used to measure water vapour resistance,” Journal of Coated Fabrics, vol. 17, pp. 96–109, 1987.
- B. Farnworth, W. Lotens, and P. Wittgen, “Variation of water vapor resistance of microporous and hydrophilic films with relative humidity,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 50–53, 1990.
- P. Gibson, C. Kendrick, D. Rivin, M. Charmchi, and L. Sicuranza, “An automated water vapor diffusion test method for fabrics laminates, and films,” Journal of Coated Fabrics, vol. 24, pp. 322–345, 1995.
- P. W. Gibson, “Water vapor transport and gas flow properties of textiles, polymer membranes and fabric laminates,” Journal of Coated Fabrics, vol. 28, pp. 300–327, 1999.
- P. Gibson, D. Rivin, A. Berezin, and A. Nadezhdinskii, “Measurement of water vapor diffusion through polymer films and fabric/membrane laminates using a diode laser spectroscope,” Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 221–239, 1999.
- P. W. Gibson, “Effect of temperature on water vapor transport through polymer membrane laminates,” Polymer Testing, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 673–691, 2000.
- D. Rivin, C. Kendrick, P. Gibson, and N. Schneider, “Studies of the Solubility and Transport Behavior of Water and Alcohols in Nafion,” Polymer, vol. 81, p. 541, 1999.
- E. A. McCullough, M. Kwon, and H. Shim, “A comparison of standard methods for measuring water vapour premeability of fabrics,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1402–1408, 2003.
- G. R. Lomax, “Breathable polyurethane membranes for textile and related industries,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 27, pp. 2775–2784, 2007.