- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Tropical Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 415057, 12 pages
Genetic Diversity of Toll-Like Receptors and Immunity to M. leprae Infection
1Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
2College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Received 26 August 2011; Accepted 2 December 2011
Academic Editor: Carlos E. P. Corbett
Copyright © 2012 Bryan E. Hart and Richard I. Tapping. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bryan E. Hart, and Richard I. Tapping, “Differential Trafficking of TLR1 I602S Underlies Host Protection against Pathogenic Mycobacteria,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 189, no. 11, pp. 5347–5355, 2012.
- Adrianna Pawlik, Grazyna Sender, Rafal Starzynski, and Agnieszka Korwin-Kossakowska, “Genetic basis of host innate immune response in mastitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus,” Central European Journal Of Immunology, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 405–409, 2012.
- Cliona Ni Cheallaigh, Cliona O'Farrelly, David E. MacHugh, Karsten Hokamp, and James Harris, “Receptor-mediated recognition of mycobacterial pathogens,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1484–1495, 2013.
- Anna Kjellstrom, Pushpendra Singh, David E. Minnikin, Katie Tucker, Simon Roffey, Andrej Benjak, Huihai Wu, Peter Bauer, Kirsten I. Bos, Verena J. Schuenemann, Jesper L. Boldsen, Oona Y. -C. Lee, Gurdyal S. Besra, Samba O. Sow, Kay Nieselt, Johannes Krause, Thomas A. Mendum, Ben Krause-Kyora, Guenter Jaeger, Philippe Busso, Almut Nebel, Graham R. Stewart, G. Michael Taylor, Houdini H. T. Wu, Stewart T. Cole, Alexander Herbig, and Christos Economou, “Genome-Wide Comparison of Medieval and Modern Mycobacterium leprae,” Science, vol. 341, no. 6142, pp. 179–183, 2013.
- Andrew J. Pakstis, William C. Speed, Allison P. Clark, Eva Haigh, Rixun Fang, Mahohar R. Furtado, Kenneth K. Kidd, and Michael P. Snyder, “Haplotype structure and positive selection at TLR1,” European Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 551–557, 2014.
- Bryan E. Hart, Rose Asrican, So-Yon Lim, Jaimie D. Sixsmith, Regy Lukose, Sommer J. R. Souther, Swati D. G. Rayasam, Joseph W. Saelens, Ching-ju Chen, Sarah A. Seay, Linda Berney-Meyer, Leslie Magtanong, Kim Vermeul, Priyadharshini Pajanirassa, Amanda E. Jimenez, Tony W. Ng, David M. Tobin, Steven A. Porcelli, Michelle H. Larsen, Joern E. Schmitz, Barton F. Haynes, William R. Jacobs, Sunhee Lee, and Richard Frothingham, “Stable Expression of Lentiviral Antigens by Quality-Controlled Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis BCG Vectors,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 726–741, 2015.
- Venkanna Bhanothu, Vemu Lakshmi, Jane P. Theophilus, Roya Rozati, Prabhakar Badhini, and Boda Vijayalaxmi, “Investigation of Toll-Like Receptor-2 (2258G/A) and Interferon Gamma (+874T/A) Gene Polymorphisms among Infertile Women with Female Genital Tuberculos,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Nickel Dittrich, Luis C. Berrocal-Almanza, Shruthi Thada, Surabhi Goyal, Hortense Slevogt, Gaddam Sumanlatha, Abid Hussain, Saubashya Sur, Sanne Burkert, Djin-Ye Oh, Vijayalakshmi Valluri, Ralf R. Schumann, and Melanie L. Conrad, “Toll-like receptor 1 variations influence susceptibility and immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis,” Tuberculosis, 2015.
- Chao Yan, Xiang-Yang Li, Bo Li, Bei-Bei Zhang, Jiang-Tao Xu, Hui Hua, Qian Yu, Zhuan-Zhuan Liu, Lin-Lin Fu, Ren-Xian Tang, and Kui-Yang Zheng, “Expression of Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 and TLR4 in the livers of mice infected by Clonorchis sinensis,” Journal Of Infection In Developing Countries, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1147–1155, 2015.
- Anastasia Polycarpou, Martin J. Holland, Ioannis Karageorgiou, Ayad Eddaoudi, Stephen L. Walker, Sam Willcocks, and Diana N. J. Lockwood, “Mycobacterium leprae Activates Toll-Like Receptor-4 Signaling and Expression on Macrophages Depending on Previous Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 6, 2016.