- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Tropical Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 631460, 12 pages
Immunity to Visceral Leishmaniasis Using Genetically Defined Live-Attenuated Parasites
1Institute of Molecular Medicine, 254 Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III, New Delhi 110020, India
2Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
3Institute of Pathology (Indian Council of Medical Research), Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi 110029, USA
Received 28 April 2011; Accepted 1 July 2011
Academic Editor: Christian Engwerda
Copyright © 2012 Angamuthu Selvapandiyan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Suman Rijal, Bart Ostyn, Surendra Uranw, Keshav Rai, Narayan Raj Bhattarai, Thomas P. C. Dorlo, Jos H. Beijnen, Manu Vanaerschot, Saskia Decuypere, Subodh S. Dhakal, Murari Lal Das, Prahlad Karki, Rupa Singh, Marleen Boelaert, and Jean-Claude Dujardin, “Increasing Failure of Miltefosine in the Treatment of Kala-azar in Nepal an d the Potential Role of Parasite Drug Resistance, Reinfection, or Noncompli ance,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 1530–1538, 2013.
- Hamide Aslan, Jesus G. Valenzuela, Shaden Kamhawi, Ranadhir Dey, Claudio Meneses, Philip Castrovinci, Selma Maria Bezerra Jeronimo, Gætano Oliva, Laurent Fischer, Robert C. Duncan, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “A new model of progressive visceral leishmaniasis in hamsters by natural transmission via bites of vector sand flies,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 207, no. 8, pp. 1328–1338, 2013.
- Jacqueline Araujo Fiuza, Helton da Costa Santiago, Angamuthu Selvapandiyan, Sreenivas Gannavaram, Natasha Delaqua Ricci, Lilian Lacerda Bueno, Daniella Castanheira Bartholomeu, Rodrigo Correa-Oliveira, Hira Lal Nakhasi, and Ricardo Toshio Fujiwara, “Induction of immunogenicity by live attenuated Leishmania donovani centrin deleted parasites in dogs,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 1785–1792, 2013.
- Ranadhir Dey, Pradeep K. Dagur, Angamuthu Selvapandiyan, J. Philip McCoy, Poonam Salotra, Robert Duncan, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “Live Attenuated Leishmania donovani p27 Gene Knockout Parasites Are Nonpath ogenic and Elicit Long-Term Protective Immunity in BALB/c Mice,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 190, no. 5, pp. 2138–2149, 2013.
- Laura-Isobel McCall, Wen-Wei Zhang, Shanlindra Ranasinghe, and Greg Matlashewski, “Leishmanization revisited: Immunization with a naturally attenuated cutaneo us Leishmania donovani isolate from Sri Lanka protects against visceral lei shmaniasis,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1420–1425, 2013.
- Tahereh Taheri, and Sima Rafati, “Leishmaniasis: recombinant DNA vaccination and different approaches for vaccine development,” Clinical Investigation, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 1023–1044, 2013.
- Malcolm S. Duthie, and Steven G. Reed, “The Emergence of Defined Subunit Vaccines for the Prevention of Leishmaniasis,” Current Tropical Medicine Reports, 2014.
- Angamuthu Selvapandiyan, Ranadhir Dey, Sreenivas Gannavaram, Sumit Solanki, Poonam Salotra, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “Generation of growth arrested Leishmania amastigotes: A tool to develop live attenuated vaccine candidates against visceral leishmaniasis,” Vaccine, 2014.
- S. Das, A. Freier, T. Boussoffara, S. Das, D. Oswald, F. O. Losch, M. Selka, N. Sacerdoti-Sierra, G. Schonian, K.-H. Wiesmuller, K. Seifert, M. Schroff, C. Juhls, C. L. Jaffe, S. Roy, P. Das, H. Louzir, S. L. Croft, F. Modabber, and P. Walden, “Modular Multiantigen T Cell Epitope-Enriched DNA Vaccine Against Human Leishmaniasis,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 6, no. 234, pp. 234ra56–234ra56, 2014.
- Noushin Saljoughian, Tahareh Taheri, and Sima Rafati, “Live Vaccination Tactics: Possible Approaches for Controlling Visceral Leishmaniasis,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Cecilia Perez Brandan, Galia Ramirez, Alejandro D. Uncos, M. Paola Zago, Ruben O. Cimino, Ruben M. Cardozo, Jorge D. Marco, Arturo Ferreira, and Miguel Angel Basombrio, “A Monoallelic Deletion of the TcCRT Gene Increases the Attenuation of a Cul tured Trypanosoma cruzi Strain, Protecting against an In Vivo Virulent Chal lenge,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014.
- Sonya Davey, Ines Lakhal-Naouar, Robert Duncan, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “Deletion of Ubiquitin Fold Modifier Protein Ufm1 Processing Peptidase Ufsp in L. donovani Abolishes Ufm1 Processing and Alters Pathogenesis,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014.