- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Tropical Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 352689, 5 pages
Early Revelation of Leprosy in China by Sequential Antibody Analyses with LID-1 and PGL-I
1Leprosy Hospital, Kaiyuan, Honghe Prefecture, Yunnan Province 661600, China
2Institute of Dermatology of Honghe Prefecture, Yunnan 661400, China
3Yunnan Provincial CDC, Kunming, Yunnan 650022, China
4Beijing Tropical Medicine Research Institute, Beijing Friendship Hospital-Affiliate of Capital University of Medical Sciences, 95 Yong An Road, Beijing 100050, China
5Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI), Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Received 31 August 2012; Accepted 23 December 2012
Academic Editor: Bhushan Kumar
Copyright © 2013 Pan Qiong-Hua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. M. Scollard, L. B. Adams, T. P. Gillis, J. L. Krahenbuhl, R. W. Truman, and D. L. Williams, “The continuing challenges of leprosy,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 338–381, 2006.
- D. S. Ridley and W. H. Jopling, “Classification of leprosy according to immunity. A five-group system,” International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 255–273, 1966.
- WHO, “Global leprosy situation,” The Weekly Epidemiological Record, vol. 84, pp. 333–340, 2009.
- V. De Rojas, O. Hernández, and R. Gil, “Some factors influencing delay in leprosy diagnosis,” Bulletin of the Pan American Health Organization, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 156–162, 1994.
- X. S. Chen, W. Z. Li, C. Jiang, and G. Y. Ye, “Leprosy in China: delay in the detection of cases,” Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, vol. 94, pp. 181–188, 2000.
- P. D. Deps, B. V. S. Guedes, J. Bucker Filho, M. K. Andreatta, R. S. Marcari, and L. C. Rodrigues, “Delay in the diagnosis of leprosy in the Metropolitan Region of Vitória, Brazil,” Leprosy Review, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2006.
- D. N. J. Lockwood and A. J. C. Reid, “The diagnosis of leprosy is delayed in the United Kingdom,” Quarterly Journal of Medicine, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 207–212, 2001.
- J. Ferreira, S. S. Mengue, M. B. Wagner, and B. B. Duncan, “Estimating hidden prevalence in Hansen's disease through diagnosis delay and grade of disability at time of diagnosis,” International Journal of Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 464–473, 2000.
- P. G. Nicholls, R. P. Croft, J. H. Richardus, S. G. Withington, and W. C. S. Smith, “Delay in presentation, an indicator for nerve function status at registration and for treatment outcome—the experience of the Bangladesh Acute Nerve Damage Study cohort,” Leprosy Review, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 349–356, 2003.
- N. H. J. Van Veen, A. Meima, and J. H. Richardus, “The relationship between detection delay and impairment in leprosy control: a comparison of patient cohorts from Bangladesh and Ethiopia,” Leprosy Review, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 356–365, 2006.
- M. I. Bakker, M. Hatta, A. Kwenang et al., “Risk factors for developing leprosy—a population-based cohort study in Indonesia,” Leprosy Review, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 48–61, 2006.
- F. J. Moet, D. Pahan, R. P. Schuring, L. Oskam, and J. H. Richardus, “Physical distance, genetic relationship, age, and leprosy classification are independent risk factors for leprosy in contacts of patients with leprosy,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 193, no. 3, pp. 346–353, 2006.
- I. M. B. Goulart, D. O. Bernardes Souza, C. R. Marques, V. L. Pimenta, M. A. Gonçalves, and L. R. Goulart, “Risk and protective factors for leprosy development determined by epidemiological surveillance of household contacts,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- T. Fujiwara, S. W. Hunter, S. N. Cho, G. O. Aspinall, and P. J. Brennan, “Chemical synthesis and serology of disaccharides and trisaccharides of phenolic glycolipid antigens from the leprosy bacillus and preparation of a disaccharide protein conjugate for serodiagnosis of leprosy,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 245–252, 1984.
- Q. X. Wu, G. Y. Ye, and X. Y. Li, “Serological activity of natural disaccharide octyl bovine serum albumin (ND-O-BSA) in sera from patients with leprosy, tuberculosis, and normal controls,” International Journal of Leprosy and other Mycobacterial Diseases, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 50–55, 1988.
- M. S. Duthie, W. Goto, G. C. Ireton et al., “Use of protein antigens for early serological diagnosis of leprosy,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1400–1408, 2007.
- J. T. Douglas, R. V. Cellona, T. T. Fajardo, R. M. Abalos, M. V. F. Balagon, and P. R. Klatser, “Prospective study of serological conversion as a risk factor for development of leprosy among household contacts,” Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 897–900, 2004.
- X. S. Chen, W. Z. Li, C. Jiang, and G. Y. Ye, “Leprosy in China: epidemiological trends between 1949 and 1998,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 306–312, 2001.
- J. Shen, M. Zhou, W. Li, R. Yang, and J. Wang, “Features of leprosy transmission in pocket villages at low endemic situation in China,” Indian Journal of Leprosy, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 73–78, 2010.