- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Thyroid Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 159703, 4 pages
Dual Ectopic Thyroid with Normally Located Thyroid: A Case Report
1Department of Endocrinology, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, Assam 781032, India
2Nucleomed Imaging and Diagnostics, Guwahati, Assam 781005, India
3Department of Pathology, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati, Assam 781032, India
Received 14 November 2010; Accepted 20 April 2011
Academic Editor: Marian Ludgate
Copyright © 2011 Bipul Kumar Choudhury et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Toso, F. Colombani, G. Averono, P. Aluffi, and F. Pia, “Lingual thyroid causing dysphagia and dysphonia,” Acta Otorhinolaryngologica Italica, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 213–217, 2009.
- R. Kumar, S. Sharma, A. Marwah, D. Moorthy, D. Dhanwal, and A. Malhotra, “Ectopic goiter masquerading as submandibular gland swelling: a case report and review of the literature,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 306–309, 2001.
- M. P. Abdallah-Matta, P. H. Dubarry, J. J. Pessey, and P. Caron, “Lingual thyroid and hyperthyroidism: a new case and review of the literature,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 264–267, 2002.
- S. H. Baik, J. H. Choi, and L. Heung-Man, “Dual ectopic thyroid,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 259, no. 2, pp. 105–107, 2002.
- A. Sood, V. Sood, D. R. Sharma, and R. Kumar, “Thyroid scintigraphy in detecting dual ectopic thyroid: a review,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 843–846, 2008.
- T. Misaki, T. Koh, S. Shimbo, K. Kasagi, and J. Konishi, “Dual-site thyroid ectopy in a mother and son,” Thyroid, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 325–327, 1992.
- P. Kansal, N. Sakati, A. Ritai, and N. Woodhouse, “Lingual thyroid. Diagnosis and treatment,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 147, no. 11, pp. 2046–2048, 1987.
- J. Jarvis, “Lingual thyroid: a report of three cases and discussion,” South African Medical Journal, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 1969.
- J. Y. Chai and J. H. Kim, “A case of an ectopic thyroid gland at the lateral neck masquerading as a metastatic papillary thyroid carcinoma,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 548–550, 2008.