- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Thyroid Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 618985, 12 pages
Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Management of Patients with Radioiodine Nonresponsive Disease
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1461, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 1 August 2011; Revised 21 November 2011; Accepted 21 November 2011
Academic Editor: Mingzhao M. Xing
Copyright © 2012 Naifa Lamki Busaidy and Maria E. Cabanillas. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hala Ahmadieh, and Sami T. Azar, “Controversies in the Management and Followup of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Beyond the Guidelines,” Journal of Thyroid Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- Natalie Burrows, Brian Telfer, Georg Brabant, and Kaye J. Williams, “Inhibiting the phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase pathway blocks radiation-induced metastasis associated with Rho-GTPase and Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activity,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 548–553, 2013.
- Sofia Tsirona, Varvara Vlassopoulou, Marinella Tzanela, Phoebe Rondogianni, George Ioannidis, Charalambos Vassilopoulos, Efthimia Botoula, Panagiotis Trivizas, Ioannis Datseris, and Stylianos Tsagarakis, “ Impact of early vs late postoperative radioiodine remnant ablation on final outcome in patients with low-risk well-differentiated thyroid cancer ,” Clinical Endocrinology, 2013.
- Hafiz Muhammad Ali, Andrei Maksimenko, Giorgia Urbinati, Hubert Chapuis, Mouna Raouane, Didier Desmaële, Hayashi Yasuhiro, Hideyoshi Harashima, Patrick Couvreur, and Liliane Massaad-Massade, “Effects of silencing RET/PTC1 oncogene in papillary thyroid carcinoma by siRNA-squalene nanoparticles with and without fusogenic companion GALA-Cholesterol,” Thyroid, pp. 130725184317009, 2013.
- Roger T. Anderson, John E. Linnehan, Vanita Tongbram, Lori J. Wirth, and Karen Keating, “Clinical, Safety, and Economic Evidence in Radioactive Iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: A Systematic Literature Review,” Thyroid, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 392–407, 2013.
- Sahar Elzein, Abdulkhaled Ahmed, Eleanor Lorenz, and Sabapathy Prakash Balasubramanian, “Thyroid incidentalomas on PET imaging – Evaluation of management and clinical outcomes,” The Surgeon, 2014.
- Aaron B. Cohen, and Marcia S. Brose, “Second-Line Treatment for Advanced Thyroid Cancer: An Indication in Need of Randomized Clinical Trials,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1995–1997, 2014.
- Chengkun Wu, Jean-Marc Schwartz, Georg Brabant, and Goran Nenadic, “Molecular profiling of thyroid cancer subtypes using large-scale text mining,” Bmc Medical Genomics, vol. 7, 2014.
- Osamu Tohyama, Junji Matsui, Kotaro Kodama, Naoko Hata-Sugi, Takayuki Kimura, Kiyoshi Okamoto, Yukinori Minoshima, Masao Iwata, and Yasuhiro Funahashi, “Antitumor Activity of Lenvatinib (E7080): An Angiogenesis Inhibitor That Targets Multiple Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Preclinical Human Thyroid Cancer Models,” Journal of Thyroid Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- M. Elise R. Graham, Robert D. Hart, Susan Douglas, Fawaz M. Makki, Devanand Pinto, Angela L. Butler, Martin Bullock, Matthew H. Rigby, Jonathan R. B. Trites, S. Mark Taylor, and Rama Singh, “Serum microRNA profiling to distinguish papillary thyroid cancer from benign thyroid masses,” Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, vol. 44, no. 1, 2015.
- Martijn R. Meijerink, Hester J. Scheffer, Remco de Bree, and Robert-Jan Sedee, “Percutaneous Irreversible Electroporation for Recurrent Thyroid Cancer—A Case Report,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1180–1182, 2015.
- Maria E. Cabanillas, Martin Schlumberger, Barbara Jarzab, Rossella Elisei, Kate Newbold, Lisa F. Licitra, Steven I. Sherman, Douglas W. Ball, Duncan Topliss, Corina Andresen, James P. O'Brien, Min Ren, Yasuhiro Funahashi, Roger Allison, Renato G. Martins, Furio Pacini, Bruce Robinson, Judith C. McCaffrey, Manisha H. Shah, and Donald L. Bodenner, “A phase 2 trial of lenvatinib (E7080) in advanced, progressive, radioiodine-refractory, differentiated thyroid cancer: A clinical outcomes and biomarker assessment,” Cancer, 2015.
- Hannah A. Blair, and Greg L. Plosker, “Sorafenib: a review of its use in patients with radioactive iodine-refractory, metastatic differentiated thyroid carcinoma,” Targeted Oncology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 171–178, 2015.
- Martin Schlumberger, Makoto Tahara, Lori J. Wirth, Bruce Robinson, Marcia S. Brose, Rossella Elisei, Mouhammed Amir Habra, Kate Newbold, Manisha H. Shah, Ana O. Hoff, Andrew G. Gianoukakis, Naomi Kiyota, Matthew H. Taylor, Sung-Bae Kim, Monika K. Krzyzanowska, Corina E. Dutcus, Begoña de las Heras, Junming Zhu, and Steven I. Sherman, “Lenvatinib versus Placebo in Radioiodine-Refractory Thyroid Cancer,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 372, no. 7, pp. 621–630, 2015.
- Seok-Mo Kim, Ki-Cheong Park, Jeong-Yong Jeon, Bup-Woo Kim, Hyeung-Kyoo Kim, Ho-Jin Chang, Seung-Hoon Choi, Cheong-Soo Park, and Hang-Seok Chang, “Potential anti-cancer effect of N-hydroxy-7-(2-naphthylthio) heptanomide (HNHA), a novel histone deacetylase inhibitor, for the treatment of thyroid cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Naomi Kiyota, Martin Schlumberger, Kei Muro, Yuichi Ando, Shunji Takahashi, Yasukazu Kawai, Lori Wirth, Bruce Robinson, Steven Sherman, Takuya Suzuki, Katsuki Fujino, Anubha Gupta, Seiichi Hayato, and Makoto Tahara, “Subgroup analysis of Japanese patients in a phase 3 study of lenvatinib in radioiodine-refractory differentiated thyroid cancer,” Cancer Science, 2015.
- Xiaobing Ye, Yiping Zhu, and Juan Cai, “Relationship between toxicities and clinical benefits of newly approved tyrosine kinase inhibitors in thyroid cancer: A meta-analysis of literature,” Journal Of Cancer Research And Therapeutics, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. C185–C190, 2015.
- Ateesha F. Mohamed, Juan Marcos González, and Angelyn Fairchild, “Patient Benefit-Risk Tradeoffs for Radioactive Iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Treatments,” Journal of Thyroid Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Anubha Gupta, Barbara Jarzab, Jaume Capdevila, Robert Shumaker, and Ziad Hussein, “Population pharmacokinetic analysis of lenvatinib in healthy subjects and patients with cancer,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1124–1133, 2016.
- James E. Frampton, “Lenvatinib: A Review in Refractory Thyroid Cancer,” Targeted Oncology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 115–122, 2016.