- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Transplantation
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 581485, 5 pages
Renal Transplantation in Hepatitis C Positive Patients: A Single Centre Experience
1Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, IKDRC-ITS, Ahmedabad 380016, India
2Department of Pathology, Laboratory Medicine, Transfusion Services and Immunohematology, IKDRC-ITS, Ahmedabad 380016, India
Received 23 March 2011; Revised 25 July 2011; Accepted 13 September 2011
Academic Editor: Bernhard K. Krämer
Copyright © 2011 P. R. Shah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. J. G. Pereira and A. S. Levey, “Hepatitis C virus infection in dialysis and renal transplantation,” Kidney International, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 981–999, 1997.
- D. Roth, “Hepatitis C virus: the nephrologist's view,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 3–16, 1995.
- S. M. H. Moghaddam, S. M. Alavian, and N. A. Kermani, “Hepatitis C and renal transplantation: a review on historical aspects and current issues,” Reviews in Medical Virology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 375–386, 2008.
- L. C. Racusen, R. B. Colvin, K. Solez et al., “Antibody-mediated rejection criteria—an addition to the Banff '97 classification of renal allograft rejection,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 708–714, 2003.
- K. Solez, R. B. Colvin, L. C. Racusen et al., “Banff '05 meeting report: differential diagnosis of chronic allograft injury and elimination of chronic allograft nephropathy (‘CAN’),” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 518–526, 2007.
- B. Einollahi, B. Hajarizadeh, S. Bakhtiari et al., “Pretransplant hepatitis C virus infection and its effect on the post-transplant course of living renal allograft recipients,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 836–840, 2003.
- G. A. Knoll, M. R. Tankersley, J. Y. Lee, B. A. Julian, and J. J. Curtis, “The impact of renal transplantation on survival in hepatitis C- positive end-stage renal disease patients,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 608–614, 1997.
- N. A. Terrault and D. B. Adey, “The kidney transplant recipient with hepatitis C infection: pre- and posttransplantation treatment,” Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 563–575, 2007.
- J. M. Morales and J. M. Campistol, “Transplantation in the patient with hepatitis C,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1343–1353, 2000.
- F. Fabrizi, P. Martin, and C. Ponticelli, “Hepatitis C virus infection and renal transplantation,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 919–934, 2001.
- F. Fabrizi, P. Martin, V. Dixit, S. Bunnapradist, and G. Dulai, “Hepatitis C virus antibody status and survival after renal transplantation: meta-analysis of observational studies,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1452–1461, 2005.
- A. V. Vanikar, K. R. Goplani, A. Feroz et al., “Operational tolerance in living-related renal transplantation: a single-center experience,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1551–1558, 2011.