- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Transplantation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 127215, 6 pages
A Knotless Technique for Kidney Transplantation in the Mouse
1Division of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
2The Transplantation Center, Affiliated Hospital, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi 563003, China
3Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
4Division of Nephrology and Immunology, RWTH University of Aachen, 52062 Aachen, Germany
5Phenos GmbH, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Received 24 March 2012; Revised 29 May 2012; Accepted 31 May 2012
Academic Editor: Wojciech Rowiński
Copyright © 2012 Song Rong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Einecke, A. Melk, V. Ramassar et al., “Expression of CTL associated transcripts precedes the development of tubulitis in T-cell mediated kidney graft rejection,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1827–1836, 2005.
- K. S. Famulski, B. Sis, L. Billesberger, and P. F. Halloran, “Interferon-γ and donor MHC class I control alternative macrophage activation and activin expression in rejecting kidney allografts: a shift in the Th1-Th2 paradigm,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 547–556, 2008.
- F. Gueler, S. Rong, W. Gwinner et al., “Complement 5a receptor inhibition improves renal allograft survival,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2302–2312, 2008.
- R. B. Mannon, J. B. Kopp, P. Ruiz et al., “Chronic rejection of mouse kidney allografts,” Kidney International, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1935–1944, 1999.
- O. Cheng, R. Thuillier, E. Sampson et al., “Connective tissue growth factor is a biomarker and mediator of kidney allograft fibrosis,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 2292–2306, 2006.
- N. Franceschini, O. Cheng, X. Zhang, P. Ruiz, and R. B. Mannon, “Inhibition of prolyl-4-hydroxylase ameliorates chronic rejection of mouse kidney allografts,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 396–402, 2003.
- F. Gueler, S. Rong, M. Mengel et al., “Renal urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor but not uPA deficiency strongly attenuates ischemia reperfusion injury and acute kidney allograft rejection,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 1179–1189, 2008.
- Z. Zhang, C. Schlachta, J. Duff, C. Stiller, D. Grant, and R. Zhong, “Improved techniques for kidney transplantation in mice,” Microsurgery, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 103–109, 1995.
- P. N. Martins, “Learning curve, surgical results and operative complications for kidney transplantation in mice,” Microsurgery, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 590–593, 2006.
- P. S. Pahlavan, A. Mehrabi, A. Kashfi et al., “Guidelines for prevention and management of complications following kidney transplantation in rats,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 2333–2337, 2005.
- W.-R. Han, L. J. Murray-Segal, and P. L. Mottram, “Modified technique for kidney transplantation in mice,” Microsurgery, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 272–274, 1999.
- F. Gueler, S. Rong, J. K. Park et al., “Postischemic acute renal failure is reduced by short-term statin treatment in a rat model,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 2288–2298, 2002.
- T. Hasegawa, S. H. Visovatti, M. C. Hyman, T. Hayasaki, and D. J. Pinsky, “Heterotopic vascularized murine cardiac transplantation to study graft arteriopathy,” Nature Protocols, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 471–480, 2007.
- T. M. Coffman, S. Geier, S. Ibrahim et al., “Improved renal function in mouse kidney allografts lacking MHC class I antigens,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 425–435, 1993.
- J. J. Wang, S. Hockenheimer, A. A. Bickerstaff, and G. A. Hadley, “Murine renal transplantation procedure,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, no. 29, 2009.