- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Transplantation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 230870, 9 pages
Islet -Cell Mass Preservation and Regeneration in Diabetes Mellitus: Four Factors with Potential Therapeutic Interest
Pancreatic Islet Development and Regeneration Unit, Department of Stem Cells, CABIMER-Andalusian Center for Molecular Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Avenida Américo Vespucio, Parque Científico y Tecnológico Cartuja 93, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Received 25 May 2012; Revised 5 July 2012; Accepted 6 July 2012
Academic Editor: Thierry Berney
Copyright © 2012 Jose Manuel Mellado-Gil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P. Alonso-Magdalena, A. B. Ropero, M. Garcia-Arevalo, S. Soriano, I. Quesada, S. J. Muhammed, A. Salehi, J.-A. Gustafsson, and A. Nadal, “Antidiabetic Actions of an Estrogen Receptor Selective Agonist,” Diabetes, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 2015–2025, 2013.
- Ian R. Brown, William J. Gullick, Jack C. M. South, and Edith Blackburn, “The Neuregulin System of Ligands and Their Receptors in Rat Islets of Langerhans,” Endocrinology, vol. 154, no. 7, pp. 2385–2392, 2013.
- Akari Inada, Oogi Inada, Nobuharu L. Fujii, Kei Fujishima, Tetsuichiro Inai, Hiroshi Fujii, Katsuo Sueishi, and Kotoku Kurachi, “beta-Cell Induction In Vivo in Severely Diabetic Male Mice by Changing the Circulating Levels and Pattern of the Ratios of Estradiol to Androgens,” Endocrinology, vol. 155, no. 10, pp. 3829–3842, 2014.
- Anoja Priyadarshani Attanayake, Kamani Ayoma Perera Wijewardana Jayatilaka, Chitra Pathirana, and Lakmini Kumari Boralugoda Mudduwa, “Antihyperglycaemic, antihyperlipidaemic and beta cell regenerative effects of Spondias pinnata (Linn. f.) Kurz. bark extract on streptozotocin induced diabetic rats,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 588–596, 2014.
- Hui-Ping Lin, Tzu-Min Chan, Ru-Huei Fu, Chih-Pin Chuu, Shao-Chih Chiu, Yu-Hsiung Tseng, Shih-Ping Liu, Kuang-Chi Lai, Mu-Chin Shih, Zung-Sheng Lin, Hsin-Shui Chen, Da-Chuan Yeh, and Shinn-Zong Lin, “Applicability of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 521–532, 2015.