- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Transplantation
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 928081, 6 pages
Low CD4/CD8 Ratio in Bronchus-Associated Lymphoid Tissue Is Associated with Lung Allograft Rejection
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Received 2 April 2012; Revised 18 June 2012; Accepted 27 June 2012
Academic Editor: Kazuhiko Yamada
Copyright © 2012 K. V. Shenoy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Bienenstock, “Bronchus associated lymphoid tissue and the source of immunoglobulin containing cells in the mucosa,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 35, pp. 39–42, 1980.
- J. C. Hogg, F. Chu, S. Utokaparch et al., “The nature of small-airway obstruction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 350, no. 26, pp. 2645–2653, 2004.
- J. Rangel-Moreno, L. Hartson, C. Navarro, M. Gaxiola, M. Selman, and T. D. Randall, “Inducible bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue (iBALT) in patients with pulmonary complications of rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 3183–3194, 2006.
- J. Prop, P. Nieuwenhuis, and C. R. H. Wildevuur, “Lung allograft rejection in the rat. I. Accelerated rejection caused by graft lymphocytes,” Transplantation, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 1985.
- T. Hasegawa, A. Iacono, and S. A. Yousem, “The significance of bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue in human lung transplantation: Is there an association with acute and chronic rejection?” Transplantation, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 381–385, 1999.
- J. De Blic, M. Peuchmaur, F. Carnot et al., “Rejection in lung transplantation—an immunohistochemical study of transbronchial biopsies,” Transplantation, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 639–644, 1992.
- S. A. Yousem, G. J. Berry, P. T. Cagle et al., “Revision of the 1990 working formulation for the classification of pulmonary allograft rejection: Lung Rejection Study Group,” Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 15, no. 1 I, pp. 1–15, 1996.
- S. A. Yousem, T. Martin, I. L. Paradis, R. Keenan, and B. P. Griffith, “Can immunohistological analysis of transbronchial biopsy specimens predict responder status in early acute rejection of lung allografts?” Human Pathology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 525–529, 1994.
- S. G. Kelsen, M. O. Aksoy, M. Georgy et al., “Lymphoid follicle cells in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease overexpress the chemokine receptor CXCR3,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 179, no. 9, pp. 799–805, 2009.
- A. L. Gregson, A. Hoji, R. Saggar et al., “Bronchoalveolar immunologic profile of acute human lung transplant allograft rejection,” Transplantation, vol. 85, no. 7, pp. 1056–1059, 2008.
- F. Meloni, P. Vitulo, A. M. Bianco et al., “Regulatory CD4+CD25+ T cells in the peripheral blood of lung transplant recipients: correlation with transplant outcome,” Transplantation, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 762–766, 2004.
- J. R. Kocks, A. C. M. Davalos-Misslitz, G. Hintzen, L. Ohl, and R. Förster, “Regulatory T cells interfere with the development of bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 204, no. 4, pp. 723–734, 2007.
- C. M. Burton, M. Iversen, T. Scheike, J. Carlsen, and C. B. Andersen, “Is lymphocytic bronchiolitis a marker of acute rejection? An analysis of 2,697 transbronchial biopsies after lung transplantation,” Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1128–1134, 2008.
- M. M. Chakinala, J. Ritter, B. F. Gage et al., “Reliability for grading acute rejection and airway inflammation after lung transplantation,” Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 652–657, 2005.
- S. Bhorade, V. Valentine, V. Ahya, M. Baz, and S. Arcasoy, “Interobserver variability of acute cellular lung rejection: a review of 310 surveillance biopsies from the AIRSAC trial,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 179, no. 1, Meeting Abstracts, A2542, 2009.
- S. Stewart, M. C. Fishbein, G. I. Snell et al., “Revision of the 1996 working formulation for the standardization of nomenclature in the diagnosis of lung rejection,” Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1229–1242, 2007.